“Stunning surprise!”

Ranked #10 of 1,318 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Sunday Times Magazine and news paper has mentioned few times that Shaam Nights one of the three best Middle Eastern grill houses in the UK visit our website for more details. Shaam Nights has also been announced on Wales on line as one of the best in Wales. Shaam Nights is a rather elegant dining experience and sets itself apart from the rest both inside and out. With a beautiful, rustic tiled floor, stained glass and bronze lanterns and noticeably deep cushioned seats. Shaam Nights offers you a rare opportunity to taste its HALAL Authentic Syrian Cuisine at the heart of Cardiff. Shaam nights is conveniently located close to City centre, less than ten minutes walk or a couple of minutes driving.
Reviewed 10 May 2014

On a chance visit down city road, we decided to try Shaam Nights.
What a fantastic choice!
The staff were all very friendly and welcoming, and happy to help with our decision.
We asked for a mixture so we had a platter with a varied assortment of delicious meats and rice, Mediterranean side dishes and meze type meal.
We both spent ages just enjoying the distinct flavours and textures.
The drinks (non alcoholic) were refreshing...(polo is definitely
worth trying!!)
The manager kindly gave us a complimentary sweet, which was a delicious ending to a wonderful evening.
Thank you to all the staff.. Hope to see you soon!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,630)

Reviewed 10 May 2014

From the immaculate beautifully decorated interior to the delightful nothing-too-much-trouble staff one may imagine something must go amiss. In the case of Shaam Nights the experience is the gift that keeps on giving. The food from the starter through to the main was an exercise in quality and freshness.. There is literally no stone left unturned in making you feel you are the only guests and the most important people in their care. The Polo - a mix of fresh mint and lemon - is a thirst quenching, palate cleansing spectacular. There is only 10 out of 10. In the case of Shaam Nights, its staff and surroundings it doesn't seem enough. Thank you so much. Fantastic. see you again very soon!

1  Thank MissBobbles01
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The food we had there was really nice, the restaurants is clean and the service was perfect. The loction is close from the train station and there is bus stop near to the restaurants. I advice you to go in the evening because the chef is usually working in the evening. Generally, The food is Middle East but they also have fast food.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Went here with hubby as I have been intrigued to visit this number 1 top restaurant in Cardiff for a while now. Decor is lovely. Not my type of food if I'm honest. Naan bread was standard, food ok,service ok. All OK!! BUT not GREAT! Have visited so many tastier restaurants in Cardiff. Not quite sure how this is number one as they didn't ask us to review or push us to review and I'm ONLY reviewing as I'm a bit mystified how it is SO high on the rankings.

All in all, OK, better places to eat though in my opinion.

1  Thank Wales4
Ydadam, General Manager at Shaam Nights, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you for your personal review.

Being Cardiff's #1 is voted by our real valued dinners.

I wonder which Naan bread you referring to as we have never had it at our restaurant and we will never claim that we either make or sell it on our premises.

I highly respect the fact being top contributor position given to you by trip advisor to be used in such an honest way.

I am sorry that the food is not your type but you should not have taken the risk to try it in the first place. Unfortunately our valued customers would not benefit from your review with no details of your experience.

Thank you.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We were back in Cardiff again and had been planning to visit Shaam Nights Restaurant. As we entered the restaurant we were warmly greeted by the owner and shown to a table next to the one we sat in last time, near the open plan kitchen. It was Sunday Evening 27th April 2014, approx. 6.30pm.

Since we had already planned what we were going to eat, ordering was quite quick. Since my son and I both enjoyed parts of the Shaam Nights Mix Grill given to us by my wife last time, we both decided to have a dish each. My wife ordered the Mix Shwarma dish which consisted of shredded marinated lamb and chicken with fries. My son and I also ordered a starter each of the Lamb Kubba Kebab.

The Starter arrived quite quickly within 15 minutes. It was delicious as expected. Soon after, the main courses arrived. Just what we wanted, since we had driven down to Cardiff which took 4 hours and we were returning straight back home after the meal! Another 4 hour journey.
The rice was cooked to perfection. In fact it was one of the best cooked rice I have ever tasted since I was born! The grilled meats were cooked just right-not too well cooked as to be rubbery and dry, but tasty and moist and not greasy. We washed down the food with the freshly made Shaam Nights Cocktail’s made to order. I also had a cup of really hot tea. In fact, this was one of the best English Tea I have had from a restaurant. It was just right in its temperature-hot and full of flavour.

When we finished our meal the waiter asked whether we would like some dessert. My son and I were both completely full to the stomach, although tempted to order a dessert, could not. Best not to order starters if having the Mix Grill, too filling. However, my wife ordered the mini pancakes stuffed with whipped cream and grounded pistachio nuts.

Sadly, it was time to hit the road. But, since it offers such good food it’s worth the 8 hour round trip from Nantwich (Scenic Route A49)!

1  Thank J K