“Lovely place good food!”
Review of Shaam Nights

Shaam Nights
Ranked #12 of 1,217 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Sunday Times Magazine and news paper has mentioned few times that Shaam Nights one of the three best Middle Eastern grill houses in the UK visit our website for more details. Shaam Nights has also been announced on Wales on line as one of the best in Wales. Shaam Nights is a rather elegant dining experience and sets itself apart from the rest both inside and out. With a beautiful, rustic tiled floor, stained glass and bronze lanterns and noticeably deep cushioned seats. Shaam Nights offers you a rare opportunity to taste its HALAL Authentic Syrian Cuisine at the heart of Cardiff. Shaam nights is conveniently located close to City centre, less than ten minutes walk or a couple of minutes driving.
“Lovely place good food!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Wonderful juices and good food, excellent service. Being Muslim we wanted an alcohol free environment and really happy with what this restaurant offered.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Outstanding food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Wasn't so sure about this place when I got an invite to go there. I'm happy to say I was very wrong. The food is outstanding and the most expensive meal on the menu is £13 with most coming in around £9 - £10. The waiting staff are very friendly and helpful and the manager likes to come and chat with customers and ask them about their meal. Great place

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Nice food but don't understand the rating on here?”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I visited as one of the top restaurants in Cardiff on trip advisor and to be fair I can't say i was unhappy with the food but after reading the reviews I expected it to blow me away and it didn't. I'm not a big drinker but it's also a shame it's unlicensed as I enjoy a nice wine with my food. it was BBQ style food with rice and breads and was all cooked well but the overall experience of food and service I have to say was average. If this is the best Cardiff had to offer I'm moving :)

2 Thank MrJoPublic
Dr-Dadam, General Manager at Shaam Nights, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time reviewing us.

I am glad you were happy with our food and I appreciate that you would have enjoyed it more with an alcoholic drink.

Many customers have advised on TA that Shaam Nights dose not offer alcohol service.

Shaam nights prides itself on offering alcohol free environment "give your liver a break policy . Most of our valued customers emphasised that our freshly homely made juices supplement their meals 100%.

I can only apologise for those who fancies an alcoholic drink along side their meal.

Thank you.

Dr Dadam & Team.
Cardiff
“A real steal”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Really hard to put a new slant to a review of this excellent restaurant. We went there for dinner two weeks go. We had not thought to make a booking. The joint was jumping. Lots of families feting their newly graduated children. Lots of others enjoying the end of a days fasting for Ramadan. Despite this, a very helpful young man found us a table just in front of the spotless, and very efficient kitchen. I love the theatre of watching a busy service, so I was well pleased.
I can only echo the vast majority. The food was excellent, as was the service.
We shared the Mixed Mezza, The vine leaves were the best that I have ever eaten, and the generous serving, of what I assume were home made flat breads, were the perfect mop for the aubergine dishes, and hummus. A huge plate of perfection.
We then shared another large starter portion of very tasty Chicken Wings Jawaneh, and a main course of Mixed Lamb And Chicken Shish, which was totally melt in the mouth. The accompanying rice and sauces were, yet a gain, a complete success.
Though we were rather stuffed, we just had enough room to share a portion of Katayef, freshly made mini pancakes stuffed with pistachios, cream, and honey. Very naughty, but very very nice. I also enjoyed an Aran, a type of yogurt smoothie.
The restaurant is nicely done out, the music is unobtrusive, the food, and service is faultless. All this for £24.00 plus service. Now that`s what I call, "the real deal"
I must also compliment the gentleman who I found out later,is the owner of Sham Nights. He was front of house. He took our order. At times, he was even in the kitchen. Both he, and the waiting staff, were very attentive, and did not fail to ask us if everything was all right with every item that we had ordered. I had a brief chat with him. He is determined to maintain the high standards. He is also very proud of the high rating that he has on Trip Advisor. I wish him continued success, and I will certainly eat there again.

Paisley, United Kingdom
“great meal and service”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

as previous contributors have said this place does not sell/allow alcohol so no need to complain about it.
we were staying on the other side of cardiff but it only took us 2 bus rides and about 25 minutes to get there.
service was great and the food was lovely, i had a kebab while my partner had the chicken off the both dish but both were really nice and cooked well.
the staff again were friendly and asking how we found out about the restaurant and where we came from etc.
Prices were excellent at less than £30 for 2 courses with 1 drink