“Not to be missed”

Cardiff Walking Tour
Ranked #26 of 45 Tours in Cardiff
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for an inspiring walk through Cardiff's dramatic past on the tour lead by Wales' officially accredited and qualified guides. Travel through time from Roman invasion to industrial might and discover the characters and events that have shaped this fascinating city. All our guides hold the Wales Blue Badge (the country's highest guiding qualification) are accredited by the Welsh Government and are fully insured to guide. Visit our city centre tour base in Castle Welsh Crafts opposite Cardiff Castle, where the journey begins.
Sydney
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Not to be missed”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We were walked around Cardiff by Dewi ( David ). His knowledge of the towns history is outstanding. He also took us to some great arcades full of old world charm that are easily missed by a day visitor. He also gave us some brief history of the origins of Dr Who but being more of a Torchwood fan he gave me clues as to where to find Ianto's Shrine.... Thanks David I found it!. I highly recommend this tour it is essential when visiting Cardiff.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank DavMen

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Bill O'Keefe escorted my 30 visitors from around the UK on a 2 hour walking tour around Cardiff. The distance travelled was short but the knowledge imparted was immense.

The tour was just outstanding! Bill had an intimate knowledge of Cardiff history and presented it in a most entertaining and informative way. He welcomed questions and his responses showed an excellent in depth knowledge of his subject.

Many in my group said it was the best walking tour guide they had been on anywhere in the UK.

Without hesitation I would recommend this tour to any group or individual wanting an insight into Cardiff and its history.

Visited May 2013
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Having family in Cardiff and thereby being a regular visitor I thought I knew Cardiff well. How wrong can I be !
The 2 hour walk with David was a wonderful insight into the " nooks and crannies" plus history of Cardiff. It's amazing what you see when you bother to look up rather than straight ahead/down.
I would recommend this walk to anyone new to Cardiff as it provides a superb introduction to the city and will be a springboard to the many places of interest to visit.
Finally, it must be stated that David along with his colleague is a qualified and accredited official Wales Guide making this THE CARDIFF WALKING TOUR to undertake..

Visited June 2013
1 Thank AnotherTwo
Woodbridge, Virginia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Excellent Excellent Tour! Can't Recommend More Highly”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

As an American, staying in Oxford, I debated whether or not I wanted to make the train journey to Wales for a day of sightseeing. I have to say, I am SO glad that I did! I found Dave and Bill's site (Cardiffwalkingtour.co.uk) and saw that they had an 11:00am tour that would fit with my train schedule. Also, I noticed they were official blue badge tour guides. This is VERY important. All over the UK I have taken tours given by these expert guides and I wouldn't even 'think' of taking a tour not lead by one of them.

I emailed Dave through the website to inquire about reserving a place. He got back to me immediately (even on a Sunday!) and told me my place was secure. He told me to look for Bill a the tour's starting point. I arrived on the tour date (Tuesday) and Bill was there smiling. He took my 5 pounds (this is a STEAL people! A real value!!) and our group was soon on its way. Bill is an excellent, excellent guide. He told us (in just over 2 hours) the entire history of Cardiff - in a fun and entertaining way. He is clearly brilliant, but he doesn't talk 'down' to his guests in the way some very educated tour guides might. He knows when to throw in a funny fact or anecdote to lighten the flow of information. He (obviously) knows a great deal, and was frequently answering 'aside' questions from Scottish guests, American guests, other Brits, etc... Everyone had their own personal perspective/questions and Bill entertained and answered everything anyone 'threw' at him. It's hard not to fall in love with Cardiff (I sure did!) at the end of this walking tour.

What more can I say? Do not miss this tour. Absolutely phenomenal experience. Thank you Bill and Dave!

Visited June 2013