“tasty but overrated”

Ranked #448 of 1,321 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$0 - US$14
Cuisines: Pizza, Fast food, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Description: When it comes to fast food outlets then Chunky Chicken is top of the pecking order. It is a leader in its field having pioneered the Peri-Peri burger and wrap.The Chunky Chicken menu has grown over the years beyond just chicken. It now includes chicken wraps, burgers, chicken sandwiches and fresh salads. A key ingredient to Chunky Chicken's success is unchanged - its fantastic signature sauces. The motto of Chunky Chicken is, "only give to your customers what you would give to yourself"
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

i went to grab a quick bite yesterday evening. i ordered the 2pieces of chicken meal with chips and a drink. the food was given to me within 10minutes of waiting. it looked sooo yummy however it didnt taste as good as it looked. i recieved 2 huge chicken breats. the chicken coating just didnt have enough spice and seemed a bit bland for my liking but it wasnt greasy like most fried chicken places I've tried!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I went here expecting it to be similar to the ones in the north west, such as Bolton.... When compared to them, the service was terrible, the guy with a moustache that served me was extremely moody, no sense of customer service whatsoever.

Secondly, I ordered a grill chicken which still had its hairs on, I felt physically sick! And I had red salt in my chips, but it literally felt like it was drowned in chips. Was barely edible and prices were a lot more expensive than normal. Very disappointed - will not be going back there again.

2  Thank Purple C
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Got the 6 piece bucket meal and it filled me and my family up same time next week! The garlic mayo was lush!

1  Thank James4512793
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Chunky Chicken is by far the nicest chicken shop in cardiff. The peri peri burgers are the best I have had. Reasonably priced and great service.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I highly recommend chunky chicken, one of the best chicken shops on City road, the peri peri burger was delicious one of a kind, the best burger I had, try it for yourself you won't be disappointed and the staff was welcoming and provided a excellent service.