“Delicious food with fantastic flavours & presentation”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mount Fuji

Mount Fuji
Ranked #386 of 1,214 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Delicious food with fantastic flavours & presentation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

As a Japanese food novice, it was great to experience the real deal & no sushi! Instead a Bento lunch box, a dark wooden box enclosing a contrasting red plate with sections for different foods. Light hot crispy tempura mix, sweet, salty, crispy chicken, pickles, corn on the cob, dressed green beans, chicken coleslaw, sticky rice, salad with a tangy dressing, and a sweet/sour/salty dipping sauce. All tasted as delicious as it looked, service was excellent, prices variable according to choices, but not overly expensive. Brilliant find, something different, loved it, will return!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Vietnamvera

cardiff
“Give it a try.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

After a few hrs shopping I wanted a "proper " lunch not a pasty or spud u like etc but didn't fancying going into a restaurant on my own. I came across this restaurant hadn't eaten Japanese before seemed friendly enough for someone to eat on their own.
I wasn't disappointed, the food and staff were lovely, I would definitely go again.

• Visited December 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Authentic Japanese food in the UK.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was looking to try something different. Right from their menu it gives a feeling that this is real. I had tempura chicken as starters. I opted for Katsu chicken and my wife had the Chicken and Prawn Bento box. The salad was really fresh and crunchy. I quickly finished my Katsu chicken and explored the bento box. Go for Bento box if you want to try different flavours. I also had Japanese jasmine tea. Very friendly staff. Service was superb and really timed well. Never waited for the next course. Really good and would definitely come back.

• Visited April 2014
“Best Japanese food I've had in the U.K”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I've been to Mount Fuji multiple times and I've not had a single bad experience there. I've tried multiple dishes, my favourite being the Tempura and Curry Udon Noodles, which I absolutely adore. The staff are incredibly friendly and the service is usually pretty fast. The deserts are also really affordable and light, so you don't feel like you've over eaten after a big meal.
I would recommend Mount Fuji to everyone, it's definitely my favourite restaurant in Cardiff.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Holly O
“Shame about the rice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our meal here today - I had a bento box (cod) which was good, my wife loved the tempura udon and the children their chicken katsu. The salmon sashimi was great but there was a problem with the sushi rice. It wasn't sticky enough so the sushi fell apart when we picked it up. Fair enough the waitress offered to take it back when I pointed it out to her but I was a bit annoyed that the eel sushi rolls were delivered to our table with one already partially collapsed - my feeling was that the waiter should have taken them back himself. It didn't ruin our experience to any real extent but it was a shame that things weren't perfect!

Visited April 2014