“Authentic Japanese food”

Yakitori #1
Ranked #52 of 1,275 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Japanese, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Yakitori #1 provides modern Japanese cuisine using the freshest ingredients from sustainable sources. It is the place to come for the best Sushi, Grilled Meats, Fish and Wok-Fried Noodles & Rice. The menu is alluring, the dishes are authentic with an emphasis on simple yet attractive presentation. Dishes are designed to be shared at the table or enjoyed individually. Enjoy superb Japanese food in the form of a light meal in an informal setting and watch our expert chefs at work in our open kitchen.
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Authentic Japanese food served in a friendly atmosphere. Staff were extremely welcoming and friendly. Good lunchtime value.

1  Thank Rod H

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Sushi was excellent. Noodles were delicious. Service was great. Beer was cold. All good. We went just before going to the Glee Club right next door - perfect.
Highly recommend it.

1  Thank Eddiefatpaws
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This really was one of the best meals I've ever had out. Me and my partner went here for Valentine's Day and opted for the two course set menu.

Both of our starters were perfectly portioned and tasted divine, and the mains were delicious too. I had the Chicken Katsu Curry, a favourite of mine which I usually choose when I go to Wagamamas. It was far better here though. As nice as it is at Wagamamas, the extra touches at Yakitori defined the meal more clearly. The battered slice of sweet potato was a great idea and accompanied the meal very well. I couldn't fault the food at all. My partner enjoyed his food too.

It was very busy too, so I can't commend the manager enough for allowing me and my partner to arrive 30 minutes later than we had booked for because of traffic on the M4 after we had finished work. We were given a slightly later slot despite their hectic level of business, so I was very thankful indeed. And the service inside the restaurant was also brilliant. The lady in charge of waiting our table was very friendly and chatty, which definitely helped to bring down our stress levels from the earlier traffic and lateness problems! There was one member of waiting staff who tried to take my bottle of drink before I had finished it and was generally quite unable to fulfil her role, but she was clearly very new and still training up. The manager took her aside and advised her accordingly.

On the way out, the manager kindly held the door open and wished us well. There wasn't a single aspect of this restaurant trip that I could fault, so I hugely look forward to returning again soon. It is a very clean and authentic Japanese restaurant experience that is very well-priced for the service and food quality that you receive.

2  Thank MattBrigden
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Visited Yakitori for dinner with 3 others. had a mixture of starters, sushi/ sashimi and mains to share. All the food was delicious and very good value

1  Thank Stef P
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

It was a night of firsts for me and our party. The staff there we friendly and very happy to help explain the menu. I ordered sake which was way to easy to drink. Then sushi and maki rolls which were amazing what amazing food. Then tofu and udon dish which was warming (but that could of been the second sake). I would definitely go back

1  Thank Ablender86