“Well presented food”

Ranked #674 of 1,293 Restaurants in Cardiff
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Came here with my husband after having been given a groupon voucher as a present. Small and intimate restaurant with the bar attached. We both ordered the prawn and baby squid to start which was very good. My husband ordered the steak with a Diane sauce and chips, I ordered the lamb shank, both were really well presented and tasted nice. The only minor negatives were that my husbands chips looked a bit insipid and were not crispy and my mash was not seasoned. Was good value as a groupon deal.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

After this visit I expect them to employ Basil Fawlty as the Hotel Inspector to improve this poor and expensive B&B.
Paid £110.00 for the room due to location. The room is not worthy of £40.00!
Here we go
Needed tissue to stick in the electric card switch to have the room electricity work
Cracked Bathroom Sink
Hand marked walls
Curtains which have never seen a washing machine
Dated and marked furniture
Room is baron
Unhelpful Manageress (Couldn't provide me with car parking spec as their was a "Big Car" coming later albeit they had about 4 spaces free!!!!!
Breakfast was basic.
Would not stay here and most definitely would not recommend.
This is not a Boutique Hotel. No luxuries, very basic and poor staff
Toilet Roll Holder Broken

1  Thank GoodyWirral
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Visited last night (saturday)and waited quite along time for the food when it came it was lovely but only warm which took the gloss off a little.took ages to get another drink so only had the one.Would give it another try and hopefully it will have improved by then.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I visited this restaurant as a group of 12 people on 24 February for a birthday celebration. The age range of the group was from 7 years to mid seventies. Waited 1 hour 20 minutes for starters, a further 45 minutes for the main course, which was eventually served at 10pm and was cold. The attitude of the staff was disgusting, with no apologies and no explanation as to why we had to wait so long. There were only two other tables of 2 in the bar area, so they weren't exactly rushed off their feet! To make anyone wait so long for food is unacceptable, but to leave a 7 year old wait so long is disgusting. I will not not be returning. If you want a good restaurant with pleasant surroundings, good food and welcoming staff - DO NOT GO HERE.

1  Thank CAE56
Reviewed 27 February 2014

To be completely honest I have never written a review on here before but after visiting here last night, I felt obliged to give these guys some credit where credit is due.

I visited here with the boyfriend for a mid week date night after recently buying a voucher on groupon. The voucher included a two course meal for two with a glass of prosecco each for 20 quid so to be honest, my overall expectations were not the highest but hey for 20 quid you gotta give it a go right?!

I was actually pleasantly surprised when we turned up, I had never been there before and upon entering the bar it was exactly how I would expect a place with the word "Cwtch" in the title to look, it was Cwtchy! I get for some peoples tastes it may be a little dark but for me it was just perfect, fairly small bar area with a few tables scattered around with lovely chairs and dim lighting. A perfect date night setting, lovely and intimate!

Whilst we did have quite a long wait for both courses, the two staff (who were obviously run off their feet on a busy night) were constantly apologising and checking we were ok. When the food did arrive, I found it to be worth the wait. I'm fairly sure that I had the same chicken that the person below me has described, maybe they visited on a bad day or maybe I was slightly tipsy from the prosecco, but I found it absolutely gorgeous. The chicken in the sauce was beautiful and the chips were thick tasty home cooked chips.

Upon ending our evening the boyfriend went to settle the rest of the bill as we had extra drinks, to find out that the drinks were complimentary as we had had to wait for our food! A gesture that they didn't have to do as we had enjoyed our evening there anyway but still, it was an added bonus!