“My new favorite pub in Cardiff!”
Review of Tiny Rebel Cardiff

Tiny Rebel Cardiff
Ranked #96 of 1,326 Restaurants in Cardiff
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This place is great! Only recently taken over what used to be Fire Island (which was dreadful!). Really interesting selection of beers which seem to change all the time to keep things interesting. Staff are very friendly and chatty. The whole place has a really rustic atmosphere. The burgers are excellent! If beer and burgers are your thing, this is the place to go!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was our second visit to the UTH and yet again I couldn't fault the quality of the ales, food or service. The price of some drinks may be on the steeper side but this is to be expected for specialist ale houses. Also remember the old adage that you get what you pay for and the ales are all very well kept (check out the Fubar) and the staff are always willing to let you sample before you decide. My wife really enjoyed her veggie burger (Chickpea) and I tackled the 'Big Welsh' which I'd recommend to any burger fans out there! You'll do well to find a better bacon/cheese burger for the price and the addition of leeks was a nice local touch. And this is coming from an Englishman! Chips in their skins and slaw were also superb. Looking forward to returning over the weekend of the Great Welsh Beer & Cider Festival, keep up the good work!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great food always freshly cooked so sometimes a bit of a wait, but the best things are worth waiting for. Particularly recommend the Welshie, Goldie Lookin' Gherkins and the Stuffed Chillis ,washed down with a Fubar. Always good background music, staff are helpful, on busy days they just get on with the job at hand. One of my favourite pubs in Cardiff go there whenever we can. Looking forward to the sale of merchandise coming soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

On a dinner and drinks trip with 5 housemates,
Perks:
Good choice of ales/ciders
Bartender poured me a taster of the cider I wasn't sure I'd like.
Chipotle beefburger was good, coleslaw Awesome!
Food prices reasonable, decent portion size.

BUT,
Fish burger was awful, mostly raw batter rather than filled with fish, and so greasy...
Drinks on the expensive side (for the type of place...) most around £4 a pint, ranging from £3.80 and £4.50 (and that's for those on tap, there were beers in bottles on sale for over £18!
Staff did their job, but I think it pained them to show enthusiasm, so they didn't bother (I mean, why strain yourself for the sake of customer service? )
Finally... I walked in aged 23, walked out feeling 70, the seats were so uncomfortable!

My housemates have raved about the place, I honestly wouldn't go that far...

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

refused service because understaffed and could not make the meals for the group of 14. we questioned this, staff requested we leave immediately. no explanations.

7  Thank Jon G
Beardface_90, General Manager at Tiny Rebel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Hi, I'm sorry you found our service terrible but this was for good reason. Your party turned up drunk, loud and many were rude to staff for no reason. A number of your party fell asleep at the table from the moment you entered and my assistant rightly refused to serve you any more drink as it was clear that some members of your party couldn't handle what they'd already had.

Your party then proceeded to steal drinks and take them to the cocktail bar next door forcing our door-staff to go over there and take them back.

That you feel the need to leave a negative response is saddening and damaging to our business as you cast it in a dishonest light. Your party were not refused because we were under-staffed, they were refused because they were drunk. As for being asked to leave, that is standard practice for every pub in the country when somebody is deemed to have had too much drink, in fact members of your party badgered and verbally abused my assistant manager for quite a while afterwards as she explained that their lack of sobriety and behaviour is the reason for our refusal to serve them.

We do not wish to ban you or any of your party as we understand that drink can make fool of the wisest men, we only ask that you uphold the standards of Trip Advisor and post relevant reviews that reflect what actually happened

Cheers