“Friendly people”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Friendly people”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The restaurant was closed for an event, but the bartender pointed us to another restaurant that he thought would meet our needs. We stayed to have a beer before moving on to his recommendation. Both the beers we sampled were quite good. I had the Raw Stout and my husband had a Raw Ale. We look forward to stopping in soon to sample their fare.

“Tasty”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Really tasty burger with lots of care and effort gone into it. Lots of places are trying to do burgers and go overboard in terms of choice. Menu is limited here but they clearly focus on getting it right. Fries awesome too.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Beer + Burgers = Happy”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Firstly, the beer selection while not being the cheapest, is extensive to say the least, with plenty great, interesting beers to try and chat over. Drink better rather than more is the best way to think about it.

But what compelled me to finally get on here and write a review is the burgers, they are massively impressive for a pub and the price. I think the number one, best thing about them is a chef who seems to properly understand seasoning. Next up is the coleslaw, simple, but beautifully herbed, if I was stronger willed I would have asked for the recipe.

South Wales UK
“Interesting Pub with great choice of drinks”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Usually only go to the more 'traditional' pubs in Cardiff, but as we were across the road we thought we'd give a try and it was worth it. A huge choice of drinks and the staff are eager to give you tasters so you get something you like. There are few different rooms and it has a nice atmosphere - suitable for all age groups - so didn't feel like an 'oldie'. We didn't have food but from what others have said will try it next time. Recommended

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Amazing burgers!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I went to the Urban Tap House in Cardiff recently on a work night out. They claim to 'serve the best burgers in Cardiff' on their website... I was very keen to verify this ambitious statement!

We got to the venue at 5:30pm and it was already pretty full. The atmosphere is very relaxed and there's no loud music so you can actually have a decent conversation. It was quite cramped, but we all managed to find a table/chair.

We congregated upstairs as there were so many of us, and we pretty much took over half the upstairs bar. The little bar upstairs has lots of rustic round tables and there's also a private room called the 'Cwtch'. For those of you who don't know, 'cwtch' is the lovely Welsh word for 'hug'! Coincidentally, the Urban Tap House also sells a variety of beer called 'Cwtch'.

I'd been thinking about what burger I was going to order for about three weeks, so it didn't take me too long to decide on the Big Welsh. This beast was made up of a beef burger, Welsh cheddar, bacon and pan fried leeks. The meal also came with chips and coleslaw, and cost £7.50 in total. I've never had leeks in a burger before, but no harm in trying something new! I loved the meal and finished every tiny little bit of it, down to the last smear of coleslaw. The chips might actually have been the highlight as they were so beautifully crisp and salty, but the burger was pretty good too. I don't usually bother to eat the bacon in cheeseburgers as it's never cooked properly, but this bacon was cooked to perfection. Oh, and leeks in a burger taste really good. I've had a lot of good burgers in my time, and this one was definitely in my top ten.

I'll certainly be going back to the Urban Tap House as I thought the food was very reasonable and it was a nice relaxing place to spend a few hours on a Friday night.

• Visited March 2014