“Excellent Coffee takes on the big boys”
Review of Coffee Continental - CLOSED

Coffee Continental
Price range: US$4 - US$9
Cuisines: Cafe, International
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
“Excellent Coffee takes on the big boys”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Having drunk coffee all around the world and one coffee that has eluded me "Davidoff".
Low and behold it's sold in Cardiff at Coffee Continental right opposite the castle in Cardiff of for the alcohol drinker next to Revolution. The name is plastered all over the shop yes Davidoff coffee.
This I am sure of 99.9% it is the only establishment selling this coffee and bean in Cardiff.
Having mentioned this to the proprietor George as he introduced himself to me actually offered me a taster in Expresso format to get the best appreciation of the coffee and quite correct it was... Mmmmm smooth not bitter one of the best coffee's you can taste, this coffee is taking on the big boys the big name in coffee shops. Starbucks etc and these are the know alls of coffee, I doubt it.
I was also participated in a Panini of the world that also hit all the right taste buds. Greek with feta olives with salad10/10 cannot find fault with the whole experience .
This is going to be the first stop on my future visits into Cardiff on all occasions.
Thank you Mr. George

Esther A, Owner at Coffee Continental, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Thank you - we do indeed take pride in our Davidoff coffee. So many of our customers, whether as connoisseurs or complete novices - enthuse about the coffee. It is indeed smooth and dreamy. We sell the coffee as beans or ground in our shops (and shortly via our web shop), so if you have a machine at home, why not continue to treat your tastebuds? We look forward to having your company again soon.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Cakes worth the calories”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Cafe continental is a lovely place for a quick lunch. I can take or leave cake unless it is home made. The cakes here are better than those i make myself, and i can cook. Well worth the calorie intake i didn't need!

Esther A, Owner at Coffee Continental, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Praise indeed! Many thanks for the great review.
Cardiff
“Welcoming, warm and wonderful”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This lovely welcoming cafe is a hidden gem right opposite Cardiff Castle....the staff cannot do enough for you to enjoy your visit, plus the food and drink is top quality and reasonably priced.
The beautifully decorated building has so many delights to look at ...a feast for the eyes within every direction, the castle in one direction and the quirky Victorian surroundings in the other.
A pure delight. We also noticed they stay open late and have live music on friday evenings.

• Visited December 2013
Esther A, Owner at Coffee Continental, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you so much for your review and especially the comments about our place being warm and welcoming. It's important to George and myself that people feel at home here (customers already say that about our Blackwood shop), but at the same time can enjoy a wonderful backdrop and some good food. We hope to see more of you. All the best.
Thessaloniki, Greece
“Best coffee and lunch”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stoped by coffee continental and the cakes by the window catched my attention. I ordered a cappuccino and an el greco pannini, i enjoyed them a lot. The cappuccino was one of the best i've ever tried and the pannini was rich and tasty. the coffee shop itself, was very cosy and the stuff friendly enough to make me feel very comfortable. I must say that i recomend everyone to enjoy warm drinks, homemade cakes and delicious lunches!

• Visited November 2013
Thank you Stella, you've written some lovely comments about our coffee house/bistro. I'm glad you liked the El Greco Panini particularly with your Greek background. We hope you find time to stop by again and perhaps try one of the other 25 (or currently 26 paninis,including the Christmas special) that are on our Panini of the World menu. We look forward to seeing you again.
Chester, United Kingdom
“Coffe and cake”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This was our first visit to this coffee house and I must say that we both agreed that we would definitely visit again. Unfortunately we are not from Cardiff so will have to wait until a return visit, but it will be worth it if the lemon drizzle cake is available. It was gluten free but the best cake we have ever tasted! I would love the recipe. The coffee was good as well.

• Visited December 2013
Thank you for choosing to stop by Coffee Continental for your coffee and cake. I'm so very delighted that you enjoyed your visit and particularly the gluten-free lemon drizzle cake. It is a recipe from a Good Food magazine (May 2008). I am happy to share with you and will be shortly posting it on our website blog (www.coffeecontinental.com/blog) for you to download. Please visit the site on the weekend when it should be live. Thanks again, and George and I hope to have the pleasure of a further visit in the future.