“Just perfect!”
Review of Park Plaza Cardiff

Park Plaza Cardiff
Ranked #4 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Cool, contemporary, friendly and chic!!
Stayed here as a birthday surprise for my best friend and wasn't disappointed. Staff were fab, room was spotless, breakfast amazing - paid £69.00 which I was totally pleased with. If you can get a deal - stay here!! It's better than the Hilton and st David's!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mariamark1202

Reviewed 19 June 2013

This was our fourth stay at the Park Plaza in Cardiff and once again, we had an enjoyable stay.

Staff were friendly and the service we received whilst checking in and out, was efficient.

Our room was clean and the tea/coffee facilities in our room were most appreciated. We made use of the mini-bar and I thought the drinks were reasonably priced. The bed was comfortable which is always important to me for a good nights sleep. The room was quiet, even with the air conditioning on.

We used the gym during our stay and I was very impressed with the facilities. Plenty of weight machines, exercise bikes, steppers and cross-trainer machines available to use.

Breakfast at this hotel is the best I have ever experienced from a hotel in the UK so far. I have never been left disappointed with it. Plenty of choice and you can choose from hot options such as eggs, beans, bacon, sausages, hash browns etc to Continental options such as fruit, fruit salad, cereals, yoghurt, pastries, rolls, cheese, meats and pancakes. I have never left hungry and the food options have always been of a high quality.

There is no parking at this hotel but you can park at the NCP car park across the road. Before you check out, present your car park ticket to reception and they will give you a discount on your parking.

The only disappointment we had, was that the WIFI did not work in our room.

I will definitely book this hotel again for my next stay in Cardiff.

Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend - second visit.

The hotel is modern, clean, good food and nice bar. The rooms ok the hotel are very large, clean and tidy.

The location of the hotel is ideal for the centre of town and if you don't fancy going out the pool and other facilities are great.

My only warning if the front of the hotel- I stayed here last time and for my first night this time. It really is impossible to sleep on any floor at the from if you are a light sleeper due to yer club noise of music beats and people shouting and screaming. This time I requested a new room that was internal-- that was good in terms of being quiet though yer size of the room was nearly halved. There was no offer of a lower price for the room so I guess it was the same.

I would recommend this hotel but just worth trying to get a larger room that's not at the front of the hotel, unless you are going out clubbing!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank stormtrooperbloke
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I was expecting my one night here to be fine but was very pleasantly surprised at the size of the room, comfortable bed, efficient and friendly staff and high class amenities such as the nice bar and free wi-fi. It's very well located too with an NCP opposite (the hotel will give you a discount). No complaints and would certainly stay again. Would also add the price was very reasonable but I understand this may be inflated if there is a big event in Cardiff so book early.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

I stayed for a night on 10/6/13 after a party held at the hotel. The room was beautifully presented, and offered a choice of colours from the wall lights. The waiters were very helpful... HOWEVER... during our meal the gentleman looking after us and 'bossing' the staff around came across VERY rude, and at one point my friends and I even witnessed him push one of the waiters , yelling at the staff and even shout after one of them "what the f#@k"
This made things very awkward at first which is a shame as the food was amazing.
Things improved when he left half way through main course and seemed to of left one of the waiters in charge.. I didnt get his name but he had a bandage on his hand.
The rest of the waiters seemed to be more relaxed and happier under his supervision and made it feel more relaxed to myself and my friends also.
I later found the original supervisor in the lobby, drinking and seemed to be chatting up a female resident, I found this very unprofessional and an embarresment to a 4 star hotel.

Things got better through the night, my room was lovely, well decorated and comfortable. Only downside would be noisy due to club across the road.

After a long night, I went for breakfast, and was plesently suprised to find my self greeted at the door by the same waiter with the bandaged hand, who although looked very tired seemed happy to see my friends and me, he even remembered from the night beforewho had tea or coffee.
There was a great selection to choose from the buffet and although busy, staff were very polite and helpful. Upon checkout the reception girls were very nice and when I askef even gave me the name of the 'rude' gentleman from the previous night (George).
Unfortunately they didnt know which waiter I was on about with the bad hand. But I would like to say he was polite and professional and will be looking forward to seeing him again when I return.

I would advise anyone staying here to ask for a room at the back of the hotel ue to noise from clubs, but apart from that this is a great hotel alround, apart from what is mentioned above.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Stayed here for a work event. Hotel really helpful, nothing too much trouble. Unfortunately, didn't get a chance to make use of all the facilities, although a couple of my colleagues said the pool and sauna was very welcome. Had a really good meal in the restaurant - can recommend the fishcakes.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I stayed here for two nights from Sunday 09/06/2013 hotel was excellent staff was excellent and food was excellent, this was our first trip to cardiff and when we return i will be booking here again we stayed in room 214 nice large room excellent bathroom all round excelent experience, only down side was we had to come back home to reality.

Room Tip: pay the extra and go for the junior suite