“Friday Chill Out Package”
Review of Park Plaza Cardiff

Park Plaza Cardiff
Ranked #3 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
Amersham, United Kingdom
“Friday Chill Out Package”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

A great value offer from Park Plaza Cardiff. My husband and I booked this package for a special weekend treat. We also ate at the Hotel Restaurant. We upgraded to Room 102 which was lovely and worth the upgrade. The restaurant was very good, with attentive staff and high quality cuisine. The massage was relaxing and also good value with the package. We took advantage of the Hotel gym which was probably one of the best we have found. Breakfast was also very nice, good quality full welsh breakfast.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and can see why it's the best in Cardiff.
The only negative comment I can come up with is that it ought to provide complimentary water in the room. Other than that, I really cannot fault it and would highly recommend the hotel, spa and restaurant.

Room Tip: Room 102 was large, contemporary, clean and well furnished. Situated at the rear of the hotel away...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Took my wife for valentines night and booked a suite for an extra £40. Fantastic value the room was huge and the bed was the size of 2 doubles. After the first night we decided to stay an extra night as we had enjoyed our first night so much. When I asked at reception they told me that unfortunately the suite I was in was booked for that evening and if I wanted to stay all they could offer was a superior room. We decided despite having to change rooms that we would stay and the superior room was still very nice.

We had breakfast on both mornings. This was a buffet style breakfast with a superb selection.

The location is great with a weatherspoons across the road and the city centre a 2 minute walk away with a great selection of shops, bars and restaurants available.

The only down side to the hotel is the spa. It's very basic which is the reason I haven't given a 5 star rating.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

• Stayed February 2014
hertfordshire
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel for sightseeing but what a sight/noise outside on friday and saturday nights!!! Rooms were spacious and lovely. Breakfast was quite good. Ask fir a room at the back if you don't want to be kept awake by screaming and fighting out on the street! The thing that disappointed me though was that for an expensive hotel you have to pay for parking.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the park plaza on the 6th February for a two night stay to celebrate my 30th birthday. On arrival at the hotel the staff were very welcoming and had upgraded our room due to our celebration which was lovely.

My husband had arranged champagne and strawberries in the room which was lovely, but unfortunately the strawberries were dreadful, not sure how long they had been sitting out before we arrived but they were warm and at £10 we would have expected better!! They were also left in the room over the next two morning going mouldy, our room was cleaned on the 7th while we were out but glasses and strawberries were left!

On a positive note the hotel is in a great location in town the room was nice and clean. No problem with noise for us, we were in room 203.

Hotel bar seemed nice and had a nice cocktail there tho a tad expensive.

Attended the spa for a treatment on the 7th, we'd booked a couples massage, the therapist came to get us but it seemed unorganised as they had booked us in separately in different rooms, so took a few minutes to sort that.

Did like the fact that after spending over £350 in two days to stay at the hotel, there is no parking had to park in the NCP across the road which is fine but only got 20% off parking which is not much in my opinion.

Overall it's a nice hotel, in a great location, nice breakfast, just a shame about the lack of personal touch, I guess that's what you get in a big busy hotel. We would probably not stay again as expensive for what it is.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sara84london
South Wales
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Attended a wedding reception at hotel in December. Room looked very special and a lot of care had been taken to make sure guests were taken care of. Food was excellent with good choices and good size portions. Puddings were excellent. The children were well looked after with their own menu. Staff were attentive and efficient and were particularly good with the children. Well done Park Plaza.

Room Tip: Good venue for wedding reception.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Just back from a three night break.... Must say the hotel has a lot of pros such as good location, friendly staff and the restaurant is lovely. However the noise level in our room was not something you would expect from a 4 star ..... On the Friday night a wedding took place and as expected music went on late and so I did not get the best sleep... However it was the hammering and banging from work men on Sunday morning that really annoyed me.... It really wasn't appropriate to have work going on that early on a Sunday morning when there were guests occupying the room next door. I also had a facial in the Laguna spa ..... Lovely staff however disappointing facial..... Friend had the same treatment but with a different member of staff and she enjoyed it.

• Stayed February 2014
ParkPlazaCardiff, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Cardiff, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Park Plaza Cardiff.

I would like to apologise for the noise disturbance you experienced during your visit. Unfortunately essential maintenance work was being carried out on that Sunday; however the external contractors should not have begun their work until later in the morning so as not to disturb our guests. I completely agree that it was not appropriate for you to be disturbed by the work, please could you contact me so that we can come to a satisfactory resolution for yourself?

On a more positive note I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the hotel, our staff and restaurant and I do hope to hear from you soon.

Holly Davison, Guest Relations Manager
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Just spent a night at the "Park Plaza Cardiff" Hotel and what an enjoyable experience.

All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. The hotel lobby, corridors and rooms were well decorated, well maintained and very clean.

For our visit the location of this hotel was perfect. The Car Park was directly opposite, a number of bars and clubs right outside the hotel and literally a 2 minute walk to Cardiff's main shopping areas.

The Spa was excellent with a lovely pool, spa and Steam Room, Great for a relaxing afternoon (although I was surprised that there was no Sauna).

The only thing I was unhappy about was the parking. In short this hotel does not have a car park but instead visitors get 20% off the NCP car park across the road. Even with our discount parking cost us £22 for the weekend (Just over 24hrs)!!!

Room Tip: Beware of the expensive NCP car park opposite this hotel!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends