“Great Hotel, Great Staff”
Review of Park Plaza Cardiff

Park Plaza Cardiff
Ranked #4 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
wootton bassett
“Great Hotel, Great Staff”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed at the park Plaza last night and had a wonderful time. The rooms are a lot bigger than many similar priced hotel rooms we have stayed in and everything was spotlessly clean. The staff were a joy to deal with and nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is situated right in the centre of Cardiff and is perfect for discovering the city, shopping and a visit to the theatre.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tafia35uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Our no kids weekend treat was well rewarded here. Nice location to explore the city centre and only a short hop to the bay area. Really nice restaurant, comfy beds and good service. The car park was a bit of a pain as its across the street in an ncp type site. Just make sure you don't realise you have left your charger in the boot at 2 in the morning! (Don't ask )

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sam A
Bakewell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I can only say that this will be the last time that I ever use this hotel; generally the hotel is good with nice rooms even though bathroom could do with some attention to cleaning. My room on the front was very noisy due to the excitment of the nighclub opposite closing at 4am- I guess always a risk in the City centre and to an extent not the hotels fault ( even though windows could offer a bit more soundproofing) particularly since I was moved to this room when I requested an alternative without adjoining door due to being a light sleeper. Imagine then waking after a restless night to find that there is no hot water- incredibly on contacting reception they arranged for a housekeeper to be sent to my room to show me how to use the taps, amazingly I was correct there was indeed no hot water and the soonest they could remedy would be in half an hour. It was helpful to point out that I could take a cold/ tepid shower which of course is always a pleasure.
On checking out it got worse with the reception informing me that I was wrong and that there had been hot water, in fact they wanted to argue the point- what super customer service. This despite the whole of our party reporting the same thing. No sincere apology, agressive response and with a quick request of what did I have from the minibar I was sent on my way; they say that the opportunity to demonstrate customer service is when something goes wrong. Fortunately I have a choice in this case I will be taking my custom elsewhere.

Room Tip: Check taps for hot water availability.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Nickg450
ParkPlazaCardiff, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Cardiff, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Park Plaza Cardiff.
I would like to apologise for the lack of hot water on the morning of your departure. Unfortunately we did have an unexpected problem with our boiler resulting in the lack of hot water throughout the whole hotel; fortunately the issue was rectified later that morning.
I am very disappointed to read your comments regarding the service you received at the front desk. Customer service is of the utmost importance to us here at the Park Plaza Cardiff and I can assure you that the team has been spoken to regarding the shortcomings you experienced.
Once again thank you for your review and please do not hesitate to contact me so that we can come to a satisfactory resolution for yourself.

Holly Davison
hdavison@parkplazahotels.co.uk
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed this weekend with my boyfriend's children - agree with other reviews that the hotel staff are friendly, professional and want to do all they can to help. The place also looks amazing - foyer, restaurant and room. We had a junior suite which was huge, plenty of space for the children and also very helpful as my boyfriend uses a wheelchair. Bathroom was gorgeous. I'd like to give special thanks to the spa staff, so helpful and attentive in helping my boyfriend use the pool. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Park Plaza Cardiff as part of a spa package including afternoon tea. From the moment we entered the hotel, our stay was amazing. The foyer is very grand and attractive, and we checked into our rooms early and had lovely spa treatments. Afternoon tea was delicious with a great array of sandwiches and cakes and attentive staff.

The rooms are very spacious with pleasant decor and surprisingly for the centre of Cardiff, I found ours to be very quiet.

It's a hotel I've seen many times whilst out in Cardiff as it is directly opposite Oceana and Varsity etc, and always thought how lovely it would be to just crawl across the road and get into bed. I wasn't wrong - it was awesome!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Wales
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Booked a superior room when we arrived was disappointed....the net curtains were grubby and had a cigarette burn...the bed valance was ripped and stained. The room was similar to that of a premier inn. Used the pool was ok but the steam room smelly and also grubby. The restaurant was however great...food very good and the ambience was also very pleasant....would probably stay again but upgrade the room.....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rara74
ParkPlazaCardiff, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza Cardiff, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay at the Park Plaza.

Please may I express my sincere apologies that your room was not as you expected and not up to our usual high standards. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness and presentation of our bedrooms and I am sorry that on this occasion our standards were not met.

We were also disappointed to read your comments regarding the spa facilities. Our pool and steam room areas are regularly checked by our Health club cleaners as issues of cleanliness are of paramount importance and I am sorry that on this visit they did not meet your expectations.

On a more infinitely positive note, I was most pleased to read your lovely comments regarding our Restaurant. I have passed on your kind words to the Restaurant team.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed a couple of nights and the experience was great. Room was lovely and the bed very comfortable. Reception staff were very helpful and friendly. Hotel it self is close to the city centre and is walking distance many attractions. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple