Park Plaza Cardiff
Marriott Hotels
Hilton Cardiff(Cardiff)
US$184
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$80
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$94
  • Room Service
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$89
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Novotel Cardiff Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$97
US$258
US$244
Travelocity
US$100
US$87
2,519 results
All reviewsstainless steellovely hotelspa packagepubs and clubsmini barsteam roomjunior suitehotel barhuge bedcentral locationearly hoursquiet roomsaturday nightafternoon teareception staffstayed here for one nightcar parking
Reviewed 25 February 2009

my partner i regularly dine at park plaza, and think its great value.
excellent food , great location and very comfortable surroundings. located in the heart of the city, park plaza seems to be generally ignored by the majority of the local populace. the fact is its possible to eat here and spend no more than if you had gone to a pub chain or something similar.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2009

I stayed here for one night which catching up with friends playing at the CIA. The exterior of the hotel is ok but once into the lobby it's all very nice with big sofas and a very stylish look and feel. The reception area can get a bit busy as it is relatively small but the staff were both friendly and efficient.

The first room I was given smelt of cigarette smoke, despite being a non-smoking room. I returned to reception and they quickly allocated a room in the same corridor and I was imrpessed that within a minute of my arriving at the new room the phone rang with the receptionist asking if this new room was alright (which it was).

I was on the first floor looking out onto the main street - a selection of bars and a car park, not particularly attractive but I wasn't there to stare out of the window. The room was spacious with a lovely big bed, good sized desk with both free wifi and ethernet internet access, and very quiet a/c. The bathroom was very stylish although small - clever use of large mirros gave the impression of more space but if two people wanted to use it at the same time it would be a bit jammed.

The hotel is in a good location with the main shopping streets a short walk away, Cardiff Castle is just around the corner, St David's Hall a gentle stroll, the CIA a few blocks and the Millenium Stadium a few streets away.

In the evening on my late return from the CIA I found that quite a few streets were shut off to cars, and this appeared to be to allow the many people out and about in the clubs and bars to move around safely. The street the hotel is on was closed to traffic and people were spilling out of the bars. However in my room I couldn't hear a sound from outside despite the large number of people milling about and I slept soundly in a very comfy bed.

I've stayed at the Hilton and the St David's in the past and while both of those were very nice I think for location, value and style the Park Plaza beats them both.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 February 2009

Wanted a romantic night away with my partner.

Room not ready until 5pm so we had a drink in the bar. Drinks very expensive, staff seemed a bit unfriendly (might be because there was a rugby match on).

Room was clean but a bit soulless - nothing too special, typical large hotel.

Had to wait 45 minutes from ordering to go through to our table, then another 40 minutes beween entree and main course. Main courses send back as steak was over cooked. Had to ask twice for wine to be served.

We left disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank thedoctor71
Reviewed 19 February 2009

We stayed in a family suite in Park Plaza just afetr the New Year. The whole experience was wonderful with great service and really well furnished comfortable room. Our 2 grandchildren stayed with us ( 6 and 4) loved the pool and the bar snacks in the Laguna Bar for their tea.
This is the 4th or 5th time we have stayed at the Park Plaza and each stay has been virtually faultless.
The Laguina restaurant was being decorated while we were there but the inclusive breakfast was still up to the normal high standard even though it was served in one of the conference rooms.
We would certainly recommend the hotel for families and for anyone looking for a high standard hotel in the centre of the city.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2009

Third stay here, so I do know when its good and when its not so good. Last month........not so good. Arrived at desk and was enticed by the "special offer" prominently displayed on the front desk. Upgrade to bigger room and included, unlimited movies, bath robes, slippers (to keep), chocs, wine and water all for an extra £30. Good deal we thought. Bath robes still not available by 7pm (which meant no opportunity to use whilst showering for dinner) No slippers and best of all.....no batteries in the remote control, so 3 out of 5 not available to use.

Dinner was a fiasco, booked for 8.30 didnt sit until 9.20, didnt get a drink for ages and had to ask for bread to keep the rumbles at bay, starter lovely, good job 1 hr wait for main course!! When it came.........guess what? Stone cold. Sent it back and they offered a free dessert, all well and good but I wanted to enjoy a hot meal at the same time as my husband and I do not need free food, just what I was prepared for pay for in the first place.

Hotel is nicely placed, parking is acceptable (all parking in Cardiff is horrendous) and breakfast is actually only average, for £12 per head..........I noticed this time the Weatherspoons directly opposite is offering breakfast for under £4! but obviously the quality would not be the same.

Disappointed, as I mentioned the above to the receptionist on check out and she appeared to by very sympathetic to my plight but no more (!)

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank J S