Park Plaza Cardiff
US$141
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$80
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Breakfast included
US$89
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$94
HolidayInn.com
  • Room Service
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$85
Orbitz.com
Novotel Cardiff Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$184
US$258
US$245
2,519 results
All reviewsstainless steellovely hotelspa packagepubs and clubsmini barsteam roomjunior suitehotel barhuge bedcentral locationearly hoursquiet roomsaturday nightafternoon teareception staffstayed here for one nightcar parking
Reviewed 2 June 2010

I attended a business conference and dinner at the Park Plaza with colleagues from work. It really is a stunning hotel for conferences, business and shopping! The room was really well-equipped, light, airy and spacious, the corridors are modern with interesting displays and the bathroom had a fantastic magnifying mirror that I wanted to take home with me (after I'd plucked my eyebrows to within an inch of their lives!)

The service was attentive without being stultifying and the food at the dinner we had was just plain delicious. Breakfast was fresh - unusual in a large hotel. The bed was comfy and I slept well (but I had drunk a few glasses of wine).

The absolute winner for me, though, as a swimmer, was the stainless steel swimming pool. It is fabulous and you can actually get a proper swim, rather than three stokes and you're to the edge of the pool. Several serious swimmers arrived as I was leaving - that says it all.

One final great advantage - the hotel is right beside Cardiff's central shopping area. So often business hotels are a long way from the shops. I managed several trips out!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Staff were very efficient and friendly, thanks Lucy! Check in was quick and easy. After reading reviews, requested a room on the back (Cathedral view) very quiet and relaxing. Room (King) smaller than most others we have stayed in but perfectly adequate with a very comfortable bed and a very powerful shower. Fantastic location, central for everything. Restaurant food was excellent and charged appropriately. Only downside, we were offered water and it was bottled @ £3, we would have chosen good old tap water had we been asked. I chose a roast beef dinner,my husband chose fish fingers but they were sold out of beef so offered me steak to replace it (my husband then changed his mind and had the same) great decision it melted in the mouth - cooked perfectly. Breakfast was fast, plentiful and tasty. Used the pool and leisure facilities too - lovely. Car park is directly opposite and cost £12 from check in on Sun to leaving Cardiff on Monday afternoon (hotel validate ticket). Will definately return on our next trip to Cardiff.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2010

My husband went on business and I stayed in the Park Plaza Cardiff, while he was at work. Along with 10 other workers.
The staff, especially Lucy, Louise and Bethan were so nice and caring. They helped me plan what to do after we left Wales. The rooms were very nice and the service was wonderful. I can not say enough great things about the Hotel. We actually stayed in 2 other Park Plaza's is London and Ireland and the staff did not compare to the one in Cardiff. We will go back and hope to see the smiling faces :) They made are vacation wonderful!! You could walk all over Cardiff, great location.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2010

Upon check-in the staff was incredibly nice and we were in our room within ten minutes. Great view and nice decor. Not spacious but the shower felt so good that I thought it had been created just for me. The location was good, right near a car park (they validate) and close to the rest of the town. The restaraunt, however, is a gem. The lamb we had was the best dinner of our trip. Superb! Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2010

I'd agree with most of the other comments about this hotel. Great location for city centre, generous room size (for superior doubles), comfortable bed, well-appointed bathrooms, great pool, high quality restaurant and very good breakfasts.

However the downside of a very central location is noise. Of course you'd quite reasonably expect that in a city but the front of the hotel is DIRECTLY opposite a row of very busy nightclubs and bars. We stayed for 3 nights (Friday/Sat/Sun) and as I always take earplugs for hotels I at least managed to get some sleep on Friday and Sat, albeit occasionally disturbed - even through the hotel's triple glazing - by the shouts, screech of tyres, siren etc. However on Sunday night the disco music was so loud that the ear plugs made absolutely no difference and it didn't finish until 1.35am, so you can imagine how we felt on Monday morning. To be honest it sounded like a really noisy party in the rooms on both sides of ours.

We raised it at reception in the morning and it was obvious from their reaction that they'd had a lot of similar complaints. They were sympathetic but couldn't offer anything more than polite apologies. We filled in the comments form with the details but haven't had anything from the hotel.

For any rooms at the front of this hotel potential visitors should be made well aware of the noise issues that will certainly arise from a weekend stay so they can make informed decisions about their visit. We returned to the hotel fairly early each night but I can well imagine that getting back later at night could raise some issues of people feeling uncomfortable and intimidated by the noise/drunks etc just outside. I would certainly stay there again during the week but never at a weekend. You have been warned!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple