“As Kylie sang..Step back in time ..absolutely unique tea rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 87 Coffee & Tea in Cardiff
Price range: US$0 - US$7
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Welsh
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hello and our warmest welcome to Selah! ​Selah is a family run, quirky, vintage cafe and tea rooms, nestled in the leafy village of Llanishen, just outside Cardiff. ​We're proud to live and work in a village with such a rich history, which stretches back to AD535 when the original settlement was established nearby in Llandennis Gardens by our namesake, a Llandaff monk named Isan. At Selah, we use local suppliers and fresh produce to create tasty dishes for our customers. Why not drop in and try a slice of our homemade cakes or indulge and book one of our renowned afternoon teas whilst listening to our resident songbird warble a tune or two! ❤ Selah
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“As Kylie sang..Step back in time ..absolutely unique tea rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Went today for first time with friends had gone to see a wedding & called in after ..for tea & cake ..staff polite & friendly ..lovely atmosphere & owners daughter sang & customers all joined ..was Fabulous I cannot recommend enough ..

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
conniemcleo, Owner at Selah Cafe & Tea Rooms, responded to this review, 5 October 2014

I am really pleased that you enjoyed the experience.

Tea and Cake is our speciality..... Next time why not have lunch, We have a great selection of Paninis/Sandwiches through to freshly Cooked fish and Chips (using real potatoes of course).

Cowbridge, United Kingdom
“Warm, friendly, homely tea shop.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Wow, I love this tea/coffee shop, with all the little extra touches that, I would have if, I owned a tea shop. Plenty of homemade cake (old recipes too). The teapot had a handmade tea cosy on it. Very quirky environment. The owner is very flamboyant and vivacious and very friendly, which is what we want when enjoying a cuppa, and I hear she may break into song. She spoke to all customers, even when busy. A great place for 'high tea' which I think you gave to order. I had Mable cake ( I think) but, it tasted fantastic, very moist. Will definitely go back.

5 Thank Debbie W

I am really pleased that you enjoyed the experience.

From the outset of the Business we wanted to offer Fresh/local Food in a great setting but focusing on customer service, making it a friendly place to relax and enjoy a coffee or two (and of course a piece of aunt Mabels Cake or two)

High Teas are pre bookable, and make for a great way to spend an anniversary, Birthday or even just a get together. We can even arrange for a cake to be made and can decorate your table specially for your celebration!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Llanishen is lucky to have Selah cafe in their village”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have been to Selah cafe a few times and have not been disappointed, in my opinion it is the best cafe in Cardiff, fantastic staff, fabulous food and a very beautiful Haley to sing us a song, what more do you want from a family run cafe

I am really pleased that you enjoyed the experience.

I have to agree with you too....Amazing Food, Great Staff and of course a cheeky song or two from our resident singer Hayley. Not only is she an amazing singer but also makes all of our homemade Soups.....With winter approaching why not try some with a fresh Roll and Butter...... Delicious!

Slough, United Kingdom
“A perfect meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Had lunch at Selah cafe recently when I was on a visit from London. I cannot express the pleasure it was to finally have a meal at such a wonderfully welcoming cafe. The owner and staff went out of their way to make you feel so welcome and the food was all home made and tasted delicious.I must add here that their Eton Mess is to die for, and if that wasn't enough I was treated to a song sung by the lovely Hayley. Where else could you possibly go to get such service!!. Would recommend this venue to anyone who happens to be in this area. Well done Selah!!

2 Thank Pamela B

I am really pleased that you enjoyed the experience.

Hayleys Singing always goes down a treat and the feedback is so positive. As you know all food is served Fresh using the very best ingredients. Always keep a look out for our daily specials....

“A hidden gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Absolutely love this cafe, we look forward to going every week, with my daughters Holly and Amy, the staff are fantastic and so friendly, Hayley and her mum can,t do enough for you. The daily specials are delicious and the cakes are to die for. This has become our new favourite place to go.

Thank you for your Recent review of Selah Cafe.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed the experience. Reviews like your make all the hard work worthwhile.

If you have any suggestions for our menu we are always keen to hear them and you never know maybe they will appear on the menu soon.