“One very happy mum and one very happy little boy!!!”

Selah Cafe & Tea Rooms
Ranked #2 of 85 Coffee & Tea in Cardiff
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Welsh
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hello and our warmest welcome to Selah! ​Selah is a family run, quirky, vintage cafe and tea rooms, nestled in the leafy village of Llanishen, just outside Cardiff. ​We're proud to live and work in a village with such a rich history, which stretches back to AD535 when the original settlement was established nearby in Llandennis Gardens by our namesake, a Llandaff monk named Isan. At Selah, we use local suppliers and fresh produce to create tasty dishes for our customers. Why not drop in and try a slice of our homemade cakes or indulge and book one of our renowned afternoon teas whilst listening to our resident songbird warble a tune or two! ❤ Selah
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“One very happy mum and one very happy little boy!!!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We visited this morning as my daughter was having tuition and we needed to kill an hour and decided to come in. My son wanted food (which is very unusal as he has issues with food) and he wanted beans on toast and a baby chino. I just want to thank you so much as he ate all this food due to the fact of 1 it wasn't a huge meal and 2 you put it on a wind and the willows plate and told him to eat up to find the picture. He has truly shocked up by eating the whole plate of food and we are very grateful for this. I would 100% recommend you, lovely food and tea with tea cosy included and most of friendly staff.

Many thanks

Laura and Codey x

1 Thank Laurasiobhanevans
conniemcleo, Owner at Selah Cafe & Tea Rooms, responded to this review, 5 October 2014

I am really pleased that you enjoyed the experience.

Making our customers happy is at the forefront of our business model. We are delighted that your son enjoyed his lunch and will always strive to cater for all customers whether its an allergy you have or just simply something that's not on the menu, We will always try to accommodate your needs.

“Lucky Llanishen”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is a great village cafe. Food is homemade and delicious and the atmosphere is great. Especially if they sing!

I am really pleased that you enjoyed the experience.

We strive to offer Fresh local food at value for money prices but with an emphasis on customer service.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“As Kylie sang..Step back in time ..absolutely unique tea rooms”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Went today for first time with friends had gone to see a wedding & called in after ..for tea & cake ..staff polite & friendly ..lovely atmosphere & owners daughter sang & customers all joined ..was Fabulous I cannot recommend enough ..

I am really pleased that you enjoyed the experience.

Tea and Cake is our speciality..... Next time why not have lunch, We have a great selection of Paninis/Sandwiches through to freshly Cooked fish and Chips (using real potatoes of course).

Cowbridge, United Kingdom
“Warm, friendly, homely tea shop.”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Wow, I love this tea/coffee shop, with all the little extra touches that, I would have if, I owned a tea shop. Plenty of homemade cake (old recipes too). The teapot had a handmade tea cosy on it. Very quirky environment. The owner is very flamboyant and vivacious and very friendly, which is what we want when enjoying a cuppa, and I hear she may break into song. She spoke to all customers, even when busy. A great place for 'high tea' which I think you gave to order. I had Mable cake ( I think) but, it tasted fantastic, very moist. Will definitely go back.

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank Debbie W

I am really pleased that you enjoyed the experience.

From the outset of the Business we wanted to offer Fresh/local Food in a great setting but focusing on customer service, making it a friendly place to relax and enjoy a coffee or two (and of course a piece of aunt Mabels Cake or two)

High Teas are pre bookable, and make for a great way to spend an anniversary, Birthday or even just a get together. We can even arrange for a cake to be made and can decorate your table specially for your celebration!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Llanishen is lucky to have Selah cafe in their village”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have been to Selah cafe a few times and have not been disappointed, in my opinion it is the best cafe in Cardiff, fantastic staff, fabulous food and a very beautiful Haley to sing us a song, what more do you want from a family run cafe

• Visited July 2014

I am really pleased that you enjoyed the experience.

I have to agree with you too....Amazing Food, Great Staff and of course a cheeky song or two from our resident singer Hayley. Not only is she an amazing singer but also makes all of our homemade Soups.....With winter approaching why not try some with a fresh Roll and Butter...... Delicious!