“Fantastic Hotel Super Staff !”

and 1 more site!
Innkeeper's Lodge, Cardiff
Ranked #34 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Myself and two female friends stayed at The Beverley as a base to visit our Daughters who live in Cardiff and to have a night out.
The room was lovely beds very comfortable. Newley decorated spacious room. Lovely large bathroom with shower above bath which suited us girls as I like to shower they like to soak.
Nice tea, coffee and hot chocolate with plenty of biscuits.

The staff were excellent. Unfortunately while on a night out my friend had her bag taken including our room key. Even though it was 4am the manager came down to let us in with a friendly welcome and concern for us.
Bar area is a clean lovely proper pub and the food looked lovely although we didn't get the chance to eat here.
I would most certainly stay here again the area is lovely and the walk into Cardiff is pretty and not far.
I would especially like the thank the Manager for making us so welcome.
See you very soon as we will def use The Beverley for our base in Cardiff in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I called into the Beverley on the way to an appointment. I didn't know that they would just serve a cup of coffee. I asked for a cup and paid the lady behind the bar. She explained that they only do the 1 size latte. My coffee arrived, it was hot and a nice flavour.

I looked at the menu, the food looks good and very reasonable for Cardiff prices. I will eat there very soon, it looked really good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank jenniethewren19
Reviewed 1 September 2013

You get what you pay for and I figured that my 40£ single room will get me basics. The fact its in a pub in the description meant I already knew there would be some noise. That's why I always bring earplugs when traveling.

What I got was an good-value adequate room that wasn't all mod-cons but was clean enough, bright enough and had really great wifi through O2 Wifi. In fact, the best wifi reception, bar none, of the 3 hotels I stayed at (at higher prices).

Yeah, it was a little shabby but so what? Everything worked, I wasn't going to spend much time in the room, anyway, and I didn't feel like I needed tetanus shots from walking on the carpet. There was also tea-making amenities, God bless the Brits.

The pub looked really inviting (never got a chance to try it out, unfortunately), the neighbourhood looked interesting to walk around and you're not far from a park.

The ONLY real con I should mention is that its in an old building and that means a lot of ambient building noise like squeaky floors, doors opening/closing and paper-thin walls. Not to mention some noise coming up from the pub. If you're a light sleeper or a loud lover, stay somewhere else.
Otherwise; earplugs or ball gag.

Pros: great price, continental breakfast is included with a very reasonably priced upgrade to a full English breakfast, single bed was comfortable enough, nice area, seems there's building renos being done (at least on the outside) in early Sept., 2013, pub is really decent and friendly downstairs, close to city centre and pleasant walk between the hotel and centre, gas station at bottom of road (it seems the British love hiding them for some reason), cleanliness was fine.

Conclusion: would definitely consider a stay here again - especially during off-peak tourist season when things may be quieter. Terrific balance between cost and amenities as long as you know what to expect.

Room Tip: * Rooms 9 and 3 are next to entrance to floor, 4 and 7 are at fire doors. * Bring ear plugs and fl...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Betty_WooBC
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed a night while watching the Lions, the atmosphere was brilliant, food great and the breakfast sets you up for the day. The location is an easy walk to the centre of Cardiff, so I highly recommend this hotel for a stay

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Soulman4u
Reviewed 26 July 2013

There was a bit of a mix up with our rooms. Kate and her team bent over backwards to sort it all out. In fact we were overwhelmed with free drinks, breakfast etc. The rooms themselves are basic but comfy and very clean. Good choice of cooked breakfasts, including a vegetarian option!
The meal in the evening was very good value. £4.95 for a veggie pasta. Not a huge portion, but enough.
There is a free car park . The hotel is only a ten minute walk to the city centre/ Millenium Stadium.
The only fault was that the room was too hot, but I'm sure if we'd asked they would have found us a fan.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank WalesJones67
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Rooms above a thriving pub serving excellent real ales and good value food. Spacious bedroom and bathroom and a small car park which is locked overnight. I was watching cricket at the Swalec which is only a few minutes away, so absolutely ideal. Friendly staff and an adequate continental breakfast which can be upgraded for a very small fee.
Only downside is noise from corridor and neighbouring rooms. I will certainly be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Nickcam
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights, picked hotel on location to cricket ground 5 mins away tops.
Must say very good value for the money £60 per night with breakfast for 2.
Room very good size large bathroom as well, could start picking little faults but you get want you pay for, so on that basis i would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: room 10 good size not on main road
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple