“Exactly what it says on the tin!”

and 1 more site!
Innkeeper's Lodge, Cardiff
Ranked #34 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Recently stayed here with a friend for a weekend away. As this was a Rugby International weekend the prices quoted elsewhere in the city were astronomical but we got a family room here for Stg 100 per night. Located above a bar the hotel was obviously recently refurbished with a clean and pleasant smell in the hallway. There's no lift (that I could see) which might be a drawback for some people but was no issue for us. The room was bright and spotlessly clean with a large en-suite with bath/shower combo. There were tea and coffee facilities. On our first morning we were still asleep when housekeeping called leaving us annoyed with ourselves as we had planned on getting fresh towels. How pleasantly surprised we were to find a package of clean towels, cups and tea/coffee left outside our door when we went out. On the first night I went to reception to request an iron only to be told that due to the refurbishment the iron and board situation hadn't been sorted yet. Pleasant surprise number two when I was told to just drop down what was for ironing and the manager would do it. Hey presto a little while later three perfectly ironed shirts arrived back to our room! The food in the bar looked and smelled great and the all day breakfast we availed of was top job, tasty and well priced. Service was at all times prompt and pleasant and the Gentleman who checked us in (and out) could not have been more friendly and helpful. Overall this is a solid 3* hotel. If you are looking for the ultimate in luxury and don't mind paying then go elsewhere, but if you want a clean, cosy, well appointed room where the staff treat you like your happiness is important to them then I cannot recommend the Beverley enough. Put simply, when I come back to Cardiff it's where I'll be staying!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have more steps but less noise. You pays your money you makes your choice!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Paddyoverseas

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Booked for 2 nights - very good value. First night was ok - above bar and on road side, so not brill, but bearable ( especially after a few bevvies!!) but on Saturday it was VERY noisy til about midnight. Room 9 appears to be right above bar so avoid if you want an early night or have children. Music also started up again just before 7am(?) - all you could hear was the thump of base...... Easy like Sunday morning it wasn't!!
Staff we're very friendly and helpful. Excellent location and would use again if it was quieter!! Rooms not very soundproof - either above or below!! Also no phone in room 9 so can't dial 24 in an emergency!!!!
So good value for money, friendly staff - bring ear plugs!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Myself and two female friends stayed at The Beverley as a base to visit our Daughters who live in Cardiff and to have a night out.
The room was lovely beds very comfortable. Newley decorated spacious room. Lovely large bathroom with shower above bath which suited us girls as I like to shower they like to soak.
Nice tea, coffee and hot chocolate with plenty of biscuits.

The staff were excellent. Unfortunately while on a night out my friend had her bag taken including our room key. Even though it was 4am the manager came down to let us in with a friendly welcome and concern for us.
Bar area is a clean lovely proper pub and the food looked lovely although we didn't get the chance to eat here.
I would most certainly stay here again the area is lovely and the walk into Cardiff is pretty and not far.
I would especially like the thank the Manager for making us so welcome.
See you very soon as we will def use The Beverley for our base in Cardiff in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I called into the Beverley on the way to an appointment. I didn't know that they would just serve a cup of coffee. I asked for a cup and paid the lady behind the bar. She explained that they only do the 1 size latte. My coffee arrived, it was hot and a nice flavour.

I looked at the menu, the food looks good and very reasonable for Cardiff prices. I will eat there very soon, it looked really good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank jenniethewren19
Reviewed 1 September 2013

You get what you pay for and I figured that my 40£ single room will get me basics. The fact its in a pub in the description meant I already knew there would be some noise. That's why I always bring earplugs when traveling.

What I got was an good-value adequate room that wasn't all mod-cons but was clean enough, bright enough and had really great wifi through O2 Wifi. In fact, the best wifi reception, bar none, of the 3 hotels I stayed at (at higher prices).

Yeah, it was a little shabby but so what? Everything worked, I wasn't going to spend much time in the room, anyway, and I didn't feel like I needed tetanus shots from walking on the carpet. There was also tea-making amenities, God bless the Brits.

The pub looked really inviting (never got a chance to try it out, unfortunately), the neighbourhood looked interesting to walk around and you're not far from a park.

The ONLY real con I should mention is that its in an old building and that means a lot of ambient building noise like squeaky floors, doors opening/closing and paper-thin walls. Not to mention some noise coming up from the pub. If you're a light sleeper or a loud lover, stay somewhere else.
Otherwise; earplugs or ball gag.

Pros: great price, continental breakfast is included with a very reasonably priced upgrade to a full English breakfast, single bed was comfortable enough, nice area, seems there's building renos being done (at least on the outside) in early Sept., 2013, pub is really decent and friendly downstairs, close to city centre and pleasant walk between the hotel and centre, gas station at bottom of road (it seems the British love hiding them for some reason), cleanliness was fine.

Conclusion: would definitely consider a stay here again - especially during off-peak tourist season when things may be quieter. Terrific balance between cost and amenities as long as you know what to expect.

Room Tip: * Rooms 9 and 3 are next to entrance to floor, 4 and 7 are at fire doors. * Bring ear plugs and fl...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Betty_WooBC
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed a night while watching the Lions, the atmosphere was brilliant, food great and the breakfast sets you up for the day. The location is an easy walk to the centre of Cardiff, so I highly recommend this hotel for a stay

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Soulman4u
Reviewed 26 July 2013

There was a bit of a mix up with our rooms. Kate and her team bent over backwards to sort it all out. In fact we were overwhelmed with free drinks, breakfast etc. The rooms themselves are basic but comfy and very clean. Good choice of cooked breakfasts, including a vegetarian option!
The meal in the evening was very good value. £4.95 for a veggie pasta. Not a huge portion, but enough.
There is a free car park . The hotel is only a ten minute walk to the city centre/ Millenium Stadium.
The only fault was that the room was too hot, but I'm sure if we'd asked they would have found us a fan.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends