“Excellent all round service from Churchills”
Review of Churchills Hotel

Churchills Hotel
Ranked #46 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent all round service from Churchills”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I held my sons Christening at Churchill's and from the initial communication with the manager to the actual function which was afternoon tea in the function room for 80 guests, I could not find fault with the service, the staff, the hotel or the function venue. Excellent communication, good food, polite staff and lovely facilities. Great value for money and brilliant function facilities if hosting a large party with children. Churchill's already had 10 out of 10 from me and then I found out I could take my dog along for free when I stayed in one of their mews cottages. I only have a miniature dachshund and I am fed up of paying extortionate rates for my tiny dog so when i discovered she could stay for free, I was overjoyed. This, for me, sums up "going the extra mile".

Room Tip: Select a mews cottage if you wish to take your four legged friend along
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Craig S, Public Relations Manager at Churchills Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us, It was a pleasure hosting you all on the Sunday and I hope to see you all very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

A comfortable and relaxing place to stay, not far from Cardiff City Centre. Standard pub fare. Efficient and friendly service. Plenty of parking spaces. Ideal place if you don't eant to be right in the city.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Craig S, Public Relations Manager at Churchills Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Spent night in hotel following friends wedding at same venue. Wedding went well and organised thanks to the staff. Hotel check in was quick and easy had room on second floor reasonable size facing road so some traffic noise, Toilet was a bit noisy as it used a macerater to empty room was clean and tidy. Had breakfast in restaurant which was fine staff ere very helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Craig S, Public Relations Manager at Churchills Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for the review, whenever you are back in Cardiff we would love to see you again.
Llanelli, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Good value for the night and a friendly atmosphere. Nice bar area that serves food. Hotel about a 20-30 minute walk from city centre. Rooms a little tired but ideal for a couple of nights' stay. The only downside was the mattress. It was thin and hard.

• Stayed April 2014
Craig S, Manager at Churchills Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you for your review. I hope you except my apologies if your expectations were not met, I have noted your comments. We hope you decide to come back to us again soon.
Heanor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I've stayed here a number of times and this time was as comfortable as the others. i did stay on a friday night this visit and was surprised on the offer of a cottage with three course meal in the restraint for two at only £89.00 inc.

Will stay here again on my next visit to cardiff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Craig S, Manager at Churchills Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you for your review, I am pleased your stay once again exceeded your expectations.
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We often stay at this hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The situation is good and we usually walk from here to the centre of Cardiff - takes about 20 minutes.
The menu for meals in the bar/restaurant had changed since our previous visit. It was varied and the food was good.
We also ate out once - in the Pontcanna area of Cardiff, which is about 10 minutes away on foot, and offers a number of restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Craig S, Manager at Churchills Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you so much for your review and I am delighted your stay with us was enjoyable. Thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Being fairly local I have know this hotel since I was a little girl.
Our stay was a late booking and I was excited to actually be staying at this "posh" hotel.
I was disappointed at the apparent decline.
The room looked dated, there wasn't a plug point near a mirror (my partner bought one from a nearby shop;) the main hotel seemed in desperate need of decoration (backs of curtains visible by reception are brown in patches) and the carpet was held together with gaffer tape.
Not what I would expect given the rating.
However the staff were amazing and breakfast was delicious.
I am not usually critical but it was really quite noticeable. I felt "sad" for this beautiful hotel.
Sorry :-(

• Stayed April 2014
Craig S, Manager at Churchills Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you for your review. The contents of which are disappointing and will be discussed with our head office in due course, I'm glad the staff looked after you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.