“Ok”

Bistrot Pierre
Ranked #55 of 1,260 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bistrot Pierre's 'raison d'être' is great value French cooking and seasonal menus. We like to combine French bistrot classics such as steak-frites, boeuf bourguignon and crème brulee with our own take on regional favourites like confit de canard and paté de campagne. Our relaxed and friendly bistrot is the place to go for any occasion. Open seven days a week serving breakfast, lunch and dinner we have something for everyone, from the two-course prix-fixe lunch for £11.95 and a two-course pre-theatre menu for £14.95 to the sumptuous a la carte menu, and for those with little time we now also offer a one-course lunch menu for just £9.95. Wander through our distinctive French wine list too, with over 20 French wines sold by the glass you will discover something exquisite to drink with your meal. For something a little special we also host a range of events at the bistrot. Join us on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month for our Soireé Gastronomique, a six-course set menu with hearty provincial cooking. This is outstanding value priced at £22.95 per person. In addition, we also offer a special Dine with Wine evening where each course comes with a glass of specially chosen wine. This takes place on the first and third Wednesday of every month, so join us for a delicious two or three course set dinner menu for £22.95/£27.95 per person. We want to make sure there is something for everyone on our menus, whatever your dietary requirements. That's why you'll find plenty of delicious gluten-free dishes as well as a child-friendly menu on offer to help make your experience in our restaurant as easy and enjoyable as possible. If you love what we do and are looking for the perfect present, give the gift of French dining and order our gift vouchers online.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Wasn't anything to write home about. Good meal, not very much atmosphere in there and a little overpriced. No complaints about staff all attentive

1  Thank Nick H
Hinde B, Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2014

Thank you very for your frank and honest feedback.
Kind regards.

The team.

There are newer reviews for Bistrot Pierre

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Visited le bistrot pierre last weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary,love the way the staff are very attentive and food as usual was superb im on a gluten free diet at the moment and was very impressed at the menu they gave me .
The only downside was that they forgot my gluten free bread and had to wait a long time for it.
It didn't put me off though so will def go again

Andrew C, Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your anniversary meal! I do apologise that there was a delay in receiving your gluten free bread, but glad that it has not put you off!

I look forward to seeing you both again soon,

Warm regards,

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Me and my wife visited Le Bistrot Pierre on a very busy Saturday evening, from the moment we walked through the door, the atmosphere showed it was going to be a special place.
The staff were very attentive and knowledgeable of their menu and wine list. We ordered a bottle of wine, which came promptly to our table, When ordering food my wife asked if she could change something to the Poulet au citron ( chicken ) as she doesn't like creamy sauces, the waiter was happy to arrange that, bringing a red wine and shallot jus, as an alternative, which was a great touch, I ordered the Salade de crabe, a refreshing Crab starter and also I ordered the Bœuf Bourguignon Maison, which I'd highly recommend, the beef was gorgeous, a must for everyone to try. The desserts were at the same standards as the rest of the food, wonderful.
So, don't just read people reviews, just go and see for yourselves, you wont be disappointed. I've now found my new favourite restaurant

3  Thank Simon C

Thank you for your fantastic review! It means a lot to the whole team, we really do hope to see you in the restaurant again soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2014

What a lovely place ! As we walked in we noticed the tasteful decor...a nice surprise actually as you don't expect this on a Caroline Street ! It's the old Thai Edge building...surprised it closed as it was a favourite of ours. Service here very good,wine very good,food excellent...and a lovely relaxing ambience. We had olives with tapenade and olive bread as a starter...delicious. I had the Moroccan/French lamb fusion,the lamb was cooked to perfection and very tender. Dauphinois potatoes were perfect and the vegetables fresh and slightly crunchy. My husband had the steak and frites with a side order of garlic mushrooms. Unfortunately we didn't have room for a dessert but will make sure we squeeze in a dessert next time ! Yes will definitely return !

1  Thank Karen J

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your meal with us. I know that our Head chef Ben and the team are very grateful!

We look forward to seeing you soon

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Four of us went here last night for a meal. Very pleasantly surprised!

Starters included soup, carpaccio of beef, crab salad and squid. Each were delicious and we ate every bit.

Mains were lamb, pork, ribeye steak and sea bass. Again, they were all very tasty and served with lovely hot vegetables and the best potato dauphinoise I've ever had.

Deserts were very good too; ice cream with choc sauce, mini deserts, cheese board (the blue cheese was awesome!) and posset. We literally scraped our plates clean on every course. We finished off with coffee, and it was some of the best coffee in Cardiff.

Service was delightful. Friendly, fast and very polite. In all a superb night and I look forward to returning soon!

1  Thank niamunna

Thank you for taking the time to send us your kind comments. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the rest of the team.

Kind Regards,