“Great fish and chips”

Top Gun Fish & Chip Co
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 May 2014

A lovely looking fish shop, with a great choice. The fish and chips are always good and the staff are really nice.

Emily I, Public Relations Manager at Top Gun Fish & Chip Co, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for your review, please come and see us again soon!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

The hot curry sauce is far too hot but the standard curry sauce and chips are lush. It is a bit pricey but not as pricey as some places in the bay

Reviewed 1 May 2014

wandered in here for fish and chips by the sea and were delighted to enjoy traditional, award winning cod and chips in the restaurant. Yes we had to wait awhile because it was busy, but oh so worth the wait! Piping hot but not greasy, fish cooked to perfection and a good sized portion of chips. I would come here again. Yum!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The interior of the shop is a lovely beach hut theme..looks great.
Lovely waitress took our order for the traditional fish and chips with handmade tartar sauce etc
The meals arrived.

One meal was fine but the other must have had every single rubbish looking scrappy chip in the shop.

Both accompanied by a squeezy sealed portion of Heinz tartar sauce...reading other reviews seems this wasn't a one off.

I ate the fish which was ok...and when the waitress came to collect the plates she asked if everything was ok. I very politely told her no, that the chips were horrible. Pointing them out to her as the plate was still over half full of them.

She apologised and took them away. I clearly heard her telling the man in charge of my complaint.

Only after he'd taken my money did he ask me how the food was.I briefly told
him.he apologised and said "next time you come back
I'll give you free chips.ask for me.chris"

With this kind of service why would I go back?

£20 for 2 meals and 2 drinks.
As long as they're taking your money obviously the customer experience doesn't matter
Avoid if you can . plenty of places in the Bay to eat.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Nice little fish and chip shop.
The service was a little slow In the restaurant and they had run out of haddock but I rate this fish and chip shop excellent because of the chips. I'm always seeking good chips these days as they are not like they used to be and you can't bet fish and chips on the coast! These are the best chips I've had for a long time. I hope you all have the same experience.