“Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
Burnham-On-Sea, United Kingdom
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here recently for a night out in Cardiff.
Hotel very clean, good efficient check in . Room large with everything you need , although the hair dryer kept cutting out. Bathroom well equipped but the lay out hides the toilet, you start to think there isn't one!
Bed was comfy and slept really well, wasn't going to try breakfast but there was a queue to check out , so made the effort, and very glad I did. Good selection , all of the cooked food was very tasty , good scrambled eggs.
A pleasant stay and at a good price , would use this hotel again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
Zaltbommel, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed overnight on a business trip. The surroundings are a little bit "Industrial" so I definitely will not recommend it for a (romantic) getaway with partner. Friendly staff and generally good looking and clean hotel. Fitness is close by and is very well equipped. The room is good and has enough square metres.

The big surprise for me was the bed: "sheets were un-ironed". I spoke to the manager about this as I thought the sheets hadn't been replaced. The bed looked slept on and definitely didn't live up to my standard (they are not that high). The manager told me it was hotel policy not to iron sheets as a measure of acting "Green".

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Wonderful hotel! The room was heaven with big bed and very nice and clean bathroom. Just next door from Millennium Centre and Cardiff Bay which was the main reason for my stay. Wonderful receptionist and very helpful staff.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Sutton Coldfield, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Firstly the positives:
Clean, friendly, excellent location for Cardiff Bay or Millennium Centre and only a short ride from the centre in a cab of which there are lots. Free parking, free wifi. Fantastic Breakfast! Well appointed, clean and comfortable rooms.
I stayed here for two nights over the weekend and my experience of the hotel was really great but there is a caveat. My advice would be to think carefully if you are a family or couple before booking over a weekend. There are a lot of stag and hen parties staying at the hotel and there are people crashing through the hotel all night and early morning so if you want a good nights sleep then I'd probably avoid at the weekend but apart from that, Excellent!

Room Tip: Ask them to put you away from hens and stags and avoid rooms close to the lifts for a better nights...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
P.Lago, Group Operations Manager at Future Inn Cardiff Bay, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Kristian J
Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel.
As you discovered the Cardiff Bay area has a wide and diverse range of entertainment from Wales Millennium Centre to Dr Who Experience and many bars and restaurants.
At weekends we do try to place family groups and guests who appreciate peace and quiet on the higher floors of the hotel and we tend to allocate the lower floors to younger groups.This usually works well for us and our guests but sometimes at busy periods-like last weekend-the hotel was full- it can present difficulty but it is the exception rather than the rule.
We hope to welcome you back very soon.
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Along with a group of girl friends I stayed at the future inn this weekend. Nice and clean. Excellent service. Other guests in our floor ruined the 2nd nights stay for us and I'm sure other guests by screaming, shouting and fighting in the corridor at 3am, 5.30am and 7.30am. Not only was this very threatening for us it meant we had an extraordinarily broken night's sleep. Was disappointed that the hotel staff didn't seem to do anything about it despite them knowing all about it.

Other than that, and having to chase up housekeeping a number of times, the stay was excellent. The rooms were well appointed, beds comfortable, bathrooms lovely and clean and most important of all the breakfast was PERFECT!!!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay.
I was disturbed to read about your experience and I should be grateful if you could contact the Hotel General Manager at your earliest convenience to allow us to investigate what happened.
There is no record of a complaint from your room but we did have to deal with a disturbance on the first floor early on Sunday morning and I am not sure if this is the incident you are referring to-please be assured and other guests we take these matters very seriously.
I hope we will hear from you shortly.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

While staying in Canada recently we stayed at the Future inns Hotel in (Novia Scotia) and what a fantastic experience it was so when visiting family in Cardiff for half term we were delighted to find a Future Inns.
This hotel was in a fantastic area and I thought ideal for families... checked in smoothly and was very impressed with the hotel as the rooms were beautiful and restaurant was excellent with very polite staff.
But then an incident occurred later in the reception area where the one lady behind reception thought is was acceptable to shout aggressively at my 4 year old daughter for touching the doors in reception which left myself and my daughter upset and myself totally horrified much to the shocked looks from other guests also in reception. To find out from another member of staff that this lady Magda was the manager on duty that night made the situation worse. This spoilt our last night and sadly left us with a different view of the Future Inns.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Anto3966
Good Morning and thank you for your kind review-I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay both with us and at the Future Inns hotel in Canada.
I am sorry that you felt Magda spoke inappropriately- we had an incident with a small child jamming their hand into the door mechanism a few weeks ago and the child had to go to hospital-we then had another incident where a child playing in the revolving door jammed the mechanism with a soft toy and ended up stuck and hysterical- so the staff are probably very aware to avoid a situation where a guest or child would become injured or stuck-it was not Magda's intention to be aggressive -she was being alert to a possible risk-my sincere apologies that this impacted upon your stay.
Please feel free to contact me or the General Manager at the hotel if you would like to discuss the matter further.. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
Llanelli, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I have stayed here on many occasions over the last 7 years and have always enjoyed my stay with no cause for complaint. Prices vary on what events are happening in Cardiff on that weekend but have never paid more than £117 bed & breakfast 2 sharing on a Friday night.

The staff are always hospitable and accommodating and the rooms are spacious and very clean with massive beds. They provide you with a bottle of water, 2 x wine glasses & ice bucket in each room with an ice machine available in the corridor, which is brilliant as well as the usual tea/coffee/ biscuits etc.

We stayed here last on January 18th as we had tickets to see a show in the Millennium Centre which is within walking distance and this hotel is perfect for that. There are plenty of restaurants around and a £5 taxi fare to the city centre (during the day)

Breakfast is really nice - but don't understand why they put dried herbs on the grilled tomatoes?
Room service was pricey (but isn't it always) but very nice and was delivered with a smile :)

This is definitely my hotel of choice when staying in Cardiff and I certainly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family