“Good but a few let downs” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Future Inn Cardiff Bay

Future Inn Cardiff Bay
Ranked #7 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
Newport, United Kingdom
“Good but a few let downs”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed at the hotel on 19th April for the one night. I stayed on floor 2. The check in was quick and easy however problems started when I got into my room. There were no towels at all, I rang reception at 14:20 to request some towels and still didn't have any by 16:00, so I found my self chasing them again when I'm meant to be relaxing. The toilet had a funny smell like stale urine. Other than that the room was a very nice size with two big beds and it's in a brilliant location right by the red dragon centre. I had a shower and picked up the shower mat to find it black! Clearly the floor hadn't seen a mop in a while. I would have happily filed out the room review sheet that was left on the desk in the room but of course there was no pen in the room. When I checked out I wasn't asked did I enjoy my stay just hand over the key and your on your way.
As a consumer I'm disappointed, from other reviews it seems that I wasn't treated fairly during my stay.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JessicaGri

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Clean, Double room with Twin beds, bath/shower
Friendly staff, full English Breakfast included
good car parking
Easy to find and just a short walk from the Welsh Parliament, Red Dragon centre (including cinema)
Longer walk to Techniquest - Science Discovery Centre has 160 interactive exhibits. With planetarium, science theatre - great for kids.
stayed here 3 times - always good

Room Tip: Sometimes available on last minute sites at good discounted rates
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a Sunday night with my boyfriend .. Check in was really quick we asked for a room high up as I read they were quieter, that is what we had on the 4th floor! Walked into the room and was realise surprised how big they are! Loads of room, big tv, lovely comfy bed and sofa bed which we didn't use. Bathroom was fine even with the funny lay out! Boiling hot water which was great. We had a brilliant stay the room was lovely and clean and had everything you need including ironing facilities. It literally is less than 5 min walk into the bay, miller and carter is right opposite to. Right next to the red dragon centre.. Id defiantly stay here again especially for the price I wouldn't bother paying £60 more to stay at the st davids! We didn't have breakfast as we thought it was a bit dear and there's loads of places in the bay to go. Brilliant stay!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Kittery, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have not stayed there yet - my reservation is a month away so I have nothing to say about the hotel at all, but I am having a difficult time modifying a booking I made online thru their website. I wanted to add an additional night onto our stay, so I called the hotel and was told since I made the reservation online they could not help me. Really? I was told to modify the booking online. When I went to do this, I got an error pop up that said there was a restriction on my reservation and I could not modify it, and to please call the hotel. You see my problem. I emailed them looking for direction on how to handle this and it's been over one business day and I have not heard back from them. I kind of expected a more expedient resolution. I will review them again after my stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jamiefair
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I often stay at this hotel due to its convenient location both for central Cardiff and to the Bay. Rooms are large and on each occasion (even as a couple) have had 2 queen sized beds. Don't know whether all rooms are the same.
Rooms are quiet and well equipped with television, tea and coffee making facilities, free wifi, iron and ironing board etc.
Breakfast is buffet style and includes traditional English, cereals, pastries, fruit, toast, croissants etc.
Staff friendly and helpful.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank leisurelover777
Findhorn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is an excellent hotel. I stayed here while attending a conference at the Wales Millennium Centre it was within easy walking distance and an ideal location.
The staff were friendly and helpful. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SusanMacgregor
Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband and I spent the night here following a concert at the millennium centre in Cardiff.

Great value for money and lovely rooms. We also are in the restaurant and the steaks were superb. Breakfast as included in our rate and was great.

Would highly recommend.