“Fabulous place”

Future Inn Cardiff Bay
Ranked #7 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

My friend and I have stayed here 3 times in total when we are in Cardiff for the Speedway Grand Prix. It's a comfortable, clean, lovely place to stay, wont stay anywhere else when we're in Cardiff now as we are extremely happy with everything about this hotel. Great choice of restaurants nearby too. Few minutes taxi ride to the millennium stadium, and near Cardiff Bay. Fabulous place.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (4,008)

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed here for the Heineken Cup final. The hotel is located in a retail park, there were plenty of chain type restaurants in the area. The hotel was located a little further out of the centre than I expected so I had to take a short taxi ride in and out of town which I hadn't planned on (always get a price from the taxi driver or make sure it is on the meter! £5 should be the max day or night from town, some drivers chanced their arm at £10 or £15). We had a suite which was great but as there were 2 doors to enter the room it took 3 visits to reception to figure out why the key card wouldn't work, I was eventually told to use the other door, no big deal but over the course of the weekend I had to get my key card re cut numerous times which did become a bit tedious. The hotel was very clean and as it was the final of the HCup the atmosphere was great. Staff were all very friendly and I would stay here again but my only qualm was housekeeping....on our final morning they actually came into our room at 9.00 am and woke us. We told them to go away and come back later, between 9.00 am and 10.30 am they called 3 times, the last time by a floor supervisor, when I opened the door I just asked him what was the problem and he just apologised and said he thought the room was empty, really really annoying.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed here twice - once in autumn 2012 and another time in December 2013. Both on business and both only for a night as the hotel is. 5-10 minute walk from our office on the Bay. Overall a rather characterless place somewhat isolated from the rest of the bay and city. Having said that I had a nice meal on both occasions (with real ale too) and breakfast was good. For a night it was fine.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel again as the Institution of Civil Engineers Professional Reviews were being held there.
The hotel is superb rooms brilliant especially this time as I was in a suite - felt like James Bond.
The food is excellent and all the staff can't do enough for you - professional, polite and knowledgeable.
I also stayed again in June 2014 for the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation Reviews, albeit the reviews were held elsewhere.
Would always stay at this hotel if visiting Cardiff.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ExcaliburWales
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the Future Inn - Cardiff Bay and I have got to say what a pleasant and comfortable stay my wife and I had. It is in walking distance to the Millennium Centre and the bay.
Breakfast was a buffet type and cost extra and was average but good. We will have breakfast in the bay next time we stay as you have more choice and it will be a little cheaper.
The hotel is very reasonable considering where it is situated.
We will stay again as Cardiff Bay is a lovely setting to wine and dine.
Give it a try you won't be disappointed for the price you pay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christopher H
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed here for a weekend I wouldn't say it was anything special
Staff ok
Rooms average
Bed and pillows very hard and not comfortable
Not really a hotel I would go back to think I would stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were a party of 7 girls sharing 3 rooms whilst visiting Cardiff for the weekend.
The hotel is a good location with an abundance of restaurants & entertainment within walking distance in the form of the Red Dragon Centre a couple of mins walk away, and the lovely Mermaid Quay a pleasant 5-10minute walk away.
The rooms were a good size, clean and comfortable. There were plenty of mirrors and space to get ready which is what we girls need! ;)
Was the perfect choice for our weekend away and would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends