“Blah blah blah”

Future Inn Cardiff Bay
Ranked #7 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I was booked in to the hotel for a work commitment.

The should have saved third money. The hotel was pretty blah

On booking in I was met by 'put out.. Rude' staff.... They were not busy and I was obviously disturbing her chat with another staff member. I would like to say that my visit improved but it didn't

The hotel was quite rowdy and at 1:00am I was woken by a gang of Ecuadorian guests ( at least 20 ) socialising outside the hotel... When I called reception... I was gain greeted by rude staff who told me ' listen love we are sorting it now'

Breakfast was quite limited and all the 'hot' food was dry and hard... Not appetising at least and understandably I didn't eat a lot. Cold rock hard toast is NOT my thing.

So in summation.. Work should have spent the £98:00 somewhere else. I will not be returning to this hotel. Blah blah blah

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank joanna h
P.Lago, Group Operations Manager at Future Inn Cardiff Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you for posting a review following your recent visit.I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay-I have looked at your booking to see if you had registered a complaint or left any feedback but I am unable to find any?
I am sorry that you were disturbed by the group arriving back at the hotel-I am afraid it is impossible for us to legislate against other peoples inconsideration but our Night staff tried very hard to quieten the group down so that any disturbance to other guests could be minimised.
Our breakfast offer is buffet style and we encourage and welcome guests to ask for fresh items if a guest requires them as part of our service.
If you would like to contact our General Manager at the hotel he will be happy to try and resolve any concerns and issues that you experienced.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,885)

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

The last two times I have stayed here my room had no towels and I had to ring down for some the second visit I had to ring three times before they were delivered. There was dirty knickers under my bed and hair in my shower. At £11 breakfast should be excellent but has really gone down hill with hardly any fresh fruit available and the cooked breakfast being like warm. They were also advertising their carers which I thought I would partake in as I was going out to a concert and this would save me having to go elsewhere to find food. When went to book I was told they didn't do the carvery anymore and hadn't for the past year and a half. Bit long to be leaving signs up advertising this if it's not available. I had also had my debit card cloned before heading there so had gone to the bank for cash to pay only to be told they did not accept cash. Luckily a friend was with me and paid so I could stay and I gave her the money otherwise I would have had to find another hotel.will never stay again as they cannot even be bothered to reply to your complaint letters

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank nan2one

Thank you for posting a review following your recent visit-I am sorry that you were disappointed and I have checked our mail and email but cannot find any complaint from you?
There are several points that you raise that I would like to clarify,
1.Breakfast is £9.50 not £11
2.Fresh fruit salad is offered at breakfast with a wide range of seasonal fruits used.
3.Carvery is advertised in the lifts as being available on a SUNDAY and I am sorry that you appear to have misread the poster-we did indeed offer carvery in the evenings some time ago but all advertising relating to carvery is now for Sunday.
4.As you have stayed at the hotel previously -you will be well aware that we do not accept cash payments and that is clear in our terms and conditions and booking confirmation.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your visit but please feel free to contacvt our General Manager at the hotel who would be happy to discuss and try to resolve the issues that you had.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed here during a trip with my family and, when looking from the outside, was not expecting much from a generic-looking city hotel. However, inside the staff were helpful and friendly and the food at breakfast was really nice. The room was spacious and clean, and the beds were super comfy. We were on the sixth floor, and were a little surprised that we could still hear traffic noise, even with the window shut.
The location of the hotel is perfect for easy access to the bay and all the sights are in walking distance.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Have used this hotel quite a few times on nights out in Cardiff. On this occasion we had a double and twin rooms and stayed on Christmas Eve. Great location for the local bars and restaurants or a quick taxi/bus ride into the city center. Reasonable bar prices, didn't use the hotel restaurant, went to Miller and Carters across the car park instead. Spot on full English breakfast in the morning, just the job after a night on the tiles. Stay here if you want a comfortable and convenient place to stay if your'e having a night out in Cardiff

Room Tip: Any, they're all very much the same
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kpe554
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in June. Very pleasant room for 3 people which was clean and modern. The man on reception was very helpful with maps and directions. There was plenty of parking space and both it and wifi were free. Breakfast was very good with a wide choice of hot and cold food and no problem with finding a table.

Room Tip: 4th floor room was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We used The Futures Inn as our hotel for our one day visit to Cardiff. The room was clean and spacious for three people and we had great service at the front desk every time we asked questions or asked for a cab to be called.

The location was perfect for the Doctor Who Experience and waterfront area. A simple, easy 10 minute walk.

We were very satisfied, considered it a good value, and would stay here again if we passed through Cardiff again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pdrey
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here on sat 28.6.2014.
Hotel was extremely busy. The hotel is well located for. A visit to the bay and all of the attractions. The rooms are clean and pleasant. The hotel lobby was bright and clean. The evening receptionists 2 men were much more pleasant than the day staff. The one woman was not helpfull at all. All in all a good stay and I would visit again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple