All reviews newport road bus stop clean accommodation town centre top floor off street parking place to sleep comfortable beds slept really well hen weekend free car parking weekend stay tea and coffee facilities stayed nights free wifi couple of nights minute walk
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Great location, comfortable nights sleep. My room was quite spacious with a small but adequate en suite. This place was perfect for my needs and would definitely stay there again. Friendly staff. Free car park was also an added bonus. Would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank MJCooper
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

It's near the bus stop so location wise it's okay. The rooms were big and beautiful. They had provided towels when we arrived. Unfortunately, the wi-fi did not reach the rooms so you had to stay at the lobby the whole time. Had a nice stay there.

Date of stay: March 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This guest house is very dated and tired, but extremely clean. The rooms are basic, shower room is very small, but overall it is clean and does its job. The location is excellent, took us 20 mins to walk from town centre and bus stop was just outside, £1.70 into town. We paid £82.50 for a triple room and while I gave 6 weeks notice to request a double room, this was not allowed as it was classed as a "non refundable room" even though I wasn't actually cancelling!!! Overall we love Cardiff and this guest house was well positioned, even though on a main road we didn't hear any traffic and slept well. The added bonus of its own carpark, although concerned about recent vandalism to cars, ours was fine. No staff on sight from 8pm until 8am, although a phone call away if any problems. Lady who saw us into guest house was very helpful, and we would probably stay again.

Room tip: ask for a room at the back, so you don't hear the traffic at the front of road.
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed here for 3 days.
Building is very nice, very clean rooms. Easy to find. Everything within walking distance. Good points - car park and every room is en-suite!
One big let down - luck of customer service! I had to beg for milk for kids in the morning! Excuses I was given - 'I am on my own so I can't get milk for you' (How do I explain to kids - sorry kids, no morning tea for you because they can't organise staff), 'you can go and buy milk yourself' (well, no - I paid three figures for the room and I would expect minimum provided or do you want me to leave kids on their own and so I can go and try to find milk?). 'you have to wait until we go to clean rooms and we will give you milk' (Oh yeah? What do I tell kids - just sit still and someone might get milk for your tea soon?). Another thing I wasn't very impressed - before we left, we were trying to find someone to say 'thank you' and 'goodbye' but we spend about 20 min and couldn't find a soul!

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank r0x19_79
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable modern and spotlessly clean. The car park at the back of the house is very useful. Situated on a busy road and a ten minute walk into the town centre. Well worth the money.

Date of stay: May 2013