“Well worth a revisit”

Ranked #51 of 1,259 Restaurants in Cardiff
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Arrived at the restaurant greater with a friendly and happy waitress , very busy for a Wednesday night, we were a table of four ordered 3 starters, baby squid very fresh and full of flavour could of eaten it all night , sardines cooked to perfection not over or under cooked garnished with fresh herbs so much flavour, girolle mushroom bruscetta meaty mushrooms with crisp hot chorizo and a chunk of warm toasted bread flavour explosion . The main course came out 2 burgers,gnocchi and a rib eye all meals were faultless each burger had so much flavour and in home made buns wow the ribeye cooked rare with pesto and tomato like salsa was amazin had been rested well , on to desserts well what can I say wow homemade and so many flavours in each dessert you can pick each individual flavour that had gone in to making them , the service was friendly not just with our table but with every table which was good to see will defiantly return as I was told by the John/Ceri that the menu changes weekly will also recommend Arbennig to any and every one that are looking for some were to eat in Cardiff .

There are newer reviews for Arbennig

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

A very enjoyable experience. Booked a table last minute and so glad I did.

My girlfriend and I visited on Friday evening, greeted by lovely, pleasant front of house staff.

The restaurant was busy and it served for a lovely atmosphere. We opted for two very different starters, and the choice was an odd one from a guy that isn't keen on egg or fish/seafood but I thoroughly enjoyed the taste of both - baby squid & scotch duck egg (see photos posted).

The lamb and pork-belly dishes for mains were delicious! Full of flavour, perfect portions, just excellent. No photos I'm afraid as they looked so appetising we just tucked straight in.
I did ask for no black pudding mash - (just as I'm trying to cut down on the carbs - sad I know), the waitress said they'd swap this for more spinach which I was pleased with. The meal did come out with the potato and not extra spinach but I think this was just miscommunication. When I did highlight it the waitress very quickly brought me spinach - I was later surprised to find I was charged for it. However the staff were also more than happy to amend this when I mentioned my surprise.

Although I was eating 'carefully' after one quick glance at the dessert menu temptation took over and won. Absolutely incredible Bombay Sapphire Sorbet and lime cheesecake for myself and brownie cookies or similar for my girlfriend. Again, both great! Try the cheesecake! More photos posted.

Finished with an espresso, good conversation with the manageress and waitress, and a value for money bill.

Recommended and hope to be back soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

After winning this meal in a charity auction, and the place kept as a surprise, we were so pleased with everything we had. All the staff were very welcoming especially the owner , who made sure we were looked after. Nibbles with our Prosecco went down very well, then on to our starters, which we couldn't fault. We all opted for the steaks which were cooked and presented beautifully. Desserts also were a joy to eat.
A small menu done very well. Although out of the city centre, definitely worth a try and so refreshing ITS NOT A CHAIN!
Thank you again and we will be back.

1  Thank Ettym
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The food in this restaurant is simply stunning. The menu is relatively short with half a dozen or so choices of starter and mains, yet there is good choice and fabulous food.
My starter was baby squid with chorizo - absolutely perfectly cooked with beautifully balanced flavours. My main was steak, again perfectly cooked.
The wine list has great choice on it, and the wine prices and food prices are very reasonable indeed for the quality of the food. The staff are very friendly. This is now our "go to" restaurant when we fancy something a little special.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were visiting Cardiff and happened to ring up to see if we could get a table for the evening (21 June) as the restaurant was not far from where we were staying. We spoke to Ceri and she was so lovely and helpful. We managed to get a table by going earlier than we would have planned but it was definitely worth it. The food and the service was fabulous and we just had such a lovely evening. The cocktails were stunning! When we next return to Cardiff, I shall be ensuring that we making a booking in good time so we can go return. Keep up the good work as this restaurant really is "arbennig".

1  Thank Mair J