“Quality food in welcoming neighbourhood restaurant”
Review of Arbennig

Arbennig
Ranked #81 of 1,327 Restaurants in Cardiff
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Cardiff needs a restaurant like Arbennig. There are too many that try too hard and think they are fine dining restaurants when they're not. Arbennig is, however, the real deal. I'm sure they don't regard themselves as serious fine dining but the quality of the food is excellent. Fresh ingredients, imaginatively prepared and served by owner managers who care about what they do. Value for money is excellent.

1  Thank SpeedMusic

Reviewed 26 July 2014

★★★★★ Food was amazing the steak i had tonight (Medium Rare Sirloin) was cooked to perfection, all 3 courses were fantastic.
as soon as we walked in all the staff couldn't were really friendly and mad you feel comfortable from the off.
Will definitely be returning in the near future and would really recommend the Arbennig Restaurant to anyone who enjoys good food this place is a must visit.
Thanks John and Ceri.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We booked a meal for my wife and I, plus our daughter, at 7:30 on 17th July which was our daughter's graduation day at Cardiff, having found the restaurant through reviews in tripadvisor. When we arrived, there was a good atmosphere as it was busy and people were obviously enjoying themselves. We were seated promptly and made very welcome and throughout the meal, despite the staff being very busy, service was excellent.

We had checked the menu online, so had a good idea what we would be ordering before we arrived, but I had read a couple of reviews that the menu was changed regularly. And it had changed too, so I'm not going to go into what we ate in any detail as it probably won't be on if you go... But everything was cooked beautifully. We had 3 starters. I had the sardines which had been boned! That was a first for me and that was great. I like sardines but they're always a fiddle with all the bones so I was well pleased with that. I had the burger for my main course with chunky chips - which remained from the online menu. Very, very good. I also tried some on my daughter's brill which was lovely. Neither of us had eaten it before but I'd eat it again now having had a sample here. My wife had the 'lamb cutlets' which again had been boned and she said they were also beautifully cooked. I didn't have a dessert - I prefer to stick to beer and this was from - I think - a Cardiff microbrewery and was a nice change from the usual beers you get offered at restaurants. But my wife and daughter DID have 2 of the desserts which they both loved. It was just a lovely meal with very good service. My daughter did say that it was one of the best meals she'd ever eaten so it really WAS the perfect end to a very happy day. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Lovely meal, friendly staff, they couldn't have been more helpful. There were 10 of us in the group, meals served promptly to all.
A short but varied menu, everyone in the group enjoyed their 3 courses.
Would thoroughly recommend, would visit again.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Arrived at the restaurant greater with a friendly and happy waitress , very busy for a Wednesday night, we were a table of four ordered 3 starters, baby squid very fresh and full of flavour could of eaten it all night , sardines cooked to perfection not over or under cooked garnished with fresh herbs so much flavour, girolle mushroom bruscetta meaty mushrooms with crisp hot chorizo and a chunk of warm toasted bread flavour explosion . The main course came out 2 burgers,gnocchi and a rib eye all meals were faultless each burger had so much flavour and in home made buns wow the ribeye cooked rare with pesto and tomato like salsa was amazin had been rested well , on to desserts well what can I say wow homemade and so many flavours in each dessert you can pick each individual flavour that had gone in to making them , the service was friendly not just with our table but with every table which was good to see will defiantly return as I was told by the John/Ceri that the menu changes weekly will also recommend Arbennig to any and every one that are looking for some were to eat in Cardiff .