“Saturday lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arbennig

Arbennig
Ranked #42 of 1,209 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: European, British, Welsh
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Saturday lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

First visit since it changed its name. Still great food and bargain lunch time menu. Service was excellent.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Gwynanne9

Penarth, United Kingdom
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I went with friends for a birthday meal. There were 12 of us and we were in a secluded area which was perfect for us. The food was really lovely. I had the courgette and feta salad to start followed by monkfish tacos which were fab. I had the vanilla and coconut cheescake which was nice.

The only issue we had was that one of the waitresses spilt not one, but two drinks down two guests. She was very apologetic and was quite young so possibly inexperienced. We were slightly surprised that the apology drinks were then put on the bill. The food doesn't come out piping hot either so if you like yours piping hot rather than warm then you may want to mention that.

All in all, great food but the odd teething problem to be ironed out. Would come back and hope these are sorted.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cardiff
“Quality food in welcoming neighbourhood restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Cardiff needs a restaurant like Arbennig. There are too many that try too hard and think they are fine dining restaurants when they're not. Arbennig is, however, the real deal. I'm sure they don't regard themselves as serious fine dining but the quality of the food is excellent. Fresh ingredients, imaginatively prepared and served by owner managers who care about what they do. Value for money is excellent.

1 Thank SpeedMusic
Pontyclun, United Kingdom
“Best Meal I Have Ever Had!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

★★★★★ Food was amazing the steak i had tonight (Medium Rare Sirloin) was cooked to perfection, all 3 courses were fantastic.
as soon as we walked in all the staff couldn't were really friendly and mad you feel comfortable from the off.
Will definitely be returning in the near future and would really recommend the Arbennig Restaurant to anyone who enjoys good food this place is a must visit.
Thanks John and Ceri.

Fleet, England
“Perfect end to a perfect graduation day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We booked a meal for my wife and I, plus our daughter, at 7:30 on 17th July which was our daughter's graduation day at Cardiff, having found the restaurant through reviews in tripadvisor. When we arrived, there was a good atmosphere as it was busy and people were obviously enjoying themselves. We were seated promptly and made very welcome and throughout the meal, despite the staff being very busy, service was excellent.

We had checked the menu online, so had a good idea what we would be ordering before we arrived, but I had read a couple of reviews that the menu was changed regularly. And it had changed too, so I'm not going to go into what we ate in any detail as it probably won't be on if you go... But everything was cooked beautifully. We had 3 starters. I had the sardines which had been boned! That was a first for me and that was great. I like sardines but they're always a fiddle with all the bones so I was well pleased with that. I had the burger for my main course with chunky chips - which remained from the online menu. Very, very good. I also tried some on my daughter's brill which was lovely. Neither of us had eaten it before but I'd eat it again now having had a sample here. My wife had the 'lamb cutlets' which again had been boned and she said they were also beautifully cooked. I didn't have a dessert - I prefer to stick to beer and this was from - I think - a Cardiff microbrewery and was a nice change from the usual beers you get offered at restaurants. But my wife and daughter DID have 2 of the desserts which they both loved. It was just a lovely meal with very good service. My daughter did say that it was one of the best meals she'd ever eaten so it really WAS the perfect end to a very happy day. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.