“A happy, cozy tea shop in Cardiff city center”

Cinnamon Sticks Vintage Shop and Tea Room
Price range: US$0 - US$9
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Virginia
“A happy, cozy tea shop in Cardiff city center”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Love this tea shop! It has all the elements of an old fashioned English tea shop - bunting, handmade cakes, varied china and some wonderful antiques etc for sale. It's a happy and cozy place to come and have afternoon cream teas, some savory delights or sampling the yummy handmade cakes that are made on the premises by the owner Rachel and her group of girls.

The decor and recipes have been well thought out. There are wrought iron tables on the outside of the shop and inside there are many varied tables, chairs, sofas etc. The entrance is very inviting with the cakes on display for all to see on one side a little antique type shop on the other. The menu provides a varied selection of sweet and savory bites. The toasted coconut cake was wonderful.

I come back to Cardiff every two years and I'm happy to continue to find these wonderful new establishments. If Cardiff was my permanent home then this would become one of my regular meeting places with family and friends. I highly recommend that everyone head to Cinnamon Sticks and try it out for themselves.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank VirginiaShell33

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Good but could be better”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Called here on a Saturday afternoon. Was busy as there was one table free. Ordered afternoon tea for 2, the place was small but nicely decorated but very hot and humid upstairs almost to the point of passing out. You get a choice of 2 sandwich 2 cakes and fruit scones - no choice of a plain scone, which we would of preferred. The sandwiches were huge but nice although for some reason had tomorrow juice & pips all other them which we didn't have tomato. The cakes again were huge although a little dry, seemed like they put a lot of frosting over the dry sides, with a bit more thought and special touches here and there, this places could be brilliant as all the staff seemed lovely. Much better than the tea house next door but not quite the Pettigrew. Just keep a look out for those little things.

“Fab afternoon tea as usual”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Having visited Cinnamon Sticks many times now, its still fab. Another girlie Birthday tea the second in the last two months. Great cakes hospitality and a Doris day movie, what more could you want? The staff were great as usual and a cake and candles and Rebecca and co singing "Happy Birthday" too . Thankyou all, see you soon.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Nic M
Bury, United Kingdom
“Amazing cake!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

On our first visit to Cardiff Mum and I decided to try this little café. The lady that served us was very bubbly and eager to please. We had cheese and salmon bagels which were lovely. We then saw the cake on offer and could not leave without trying it! We shared a piece of white chocolate and raspberry which was delicious ( we couldn't have eaten one each as the pieces are deep and big) If only more tea rooms were like this! I just wish we had time to visit again before coming home!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank lisaweston
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful, friendly and delicious!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My boyfriend brought me here for a birthday surprise and it was the most perfect afternoon tea I could have imagined! The staff were so attentive, making sure we were cool on a hot day. The decor is wonderful and the Marilyn Monroe movies set it off a treat. Best door stop sandwiches I have ever had, all hand made and delicious. Cakes to die for and Prosecco to finish it all off. Everything was really original and the shop is fab too! Thank you so much, coming back with my friends next weekend!

• Visited July 2014