“Noisey and rude staff”
Review of Nomad

Nomad
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed here with a few friends for comic con. It was ok to begin with but our lock was playing up and couldnt gt in and at night sone loud girls came bk drunk keeping us all awake,including one of us whos pregnant. And to top it off there was hardly anythig to eat and when we DID get something we had a member of staff practically shooing us out. Would never stay here again!

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I would advise you to always shower at night because the hot water during the mornings finishes quickly. At night the water is very hot and with pressure.Despite that it was overallies very good:
-rooms with a lot of space, light and heating (I stayed in a twin room on the top floor),thin walls though.
-Good breakfast with choice of toasts,cereals milk and coffee
-5 minutes walking from the city centre

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Very good. I stayd in a twin room with a friend. Room was spacious and clean and heated.
Price was good.
5 min walk to city center wich was awsome.

Only stayd 2 nights. On the 1st took bath in the night and all went good. The next day took shower in the morning and didn't get hot water.

Breakfast was good, but could have a little more variety to make some sandwiches, like ham and cheese. Although they have fridges where you can store some food to complement it.
Didn't eat in for dinner or lunch but the kitchen was good.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Would not recommend this hostel!! The rooms were not clean, we had men's pants left from a previous occupant in our room! Bed linen wasn't washed and a few of out party had to wrap our own towels around the pillow as they were disgusting!!! The room was cold and radiators not working so requested a plug in heater! At night you can hear everything in the next room and stomping from above! The staff were rude and the security guy was hard work and inappropriate!! When we had checked out a lady on reception told us we couldn't wait in the common room until our train was due??? After we had paid wasn't bothered! Would not stay again!

2  Thank Fitnic86
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I thought it was a good room and had clean bedding. And was what I expected from a hostel but one staff member was a bit strange and the other was the scary breakfast man. Had good facilties tho. Hot shower but would not stay again as too noisy and could get better for your money

1  Thank Rachael T
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Served its purpose :) cheap place to stay in walking distance from the centre. £18 per bed for a private room for 6 consisting of 3 bunk beds. Room was fine; mattresses comfortable enough, although a little cold as the quilts provided were really thin. Would have liked a mirror rather than having to use the one in the bathroom but all rooms seem close to a bathroom anyway. Security guard seemed a little.. initimidating. Glad I wasn't by myself when we returned quite late to him at the reception door. Would use again - good value :)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stayed here a few times before moving to Cardiff and whenever I was moving flats. I notice a rather steep increase in the dorm prices the last time I was there, but overall can't find anything negative to say about the place. I liked the central location and the fact that it's away from the main road, so no traffic noise or drunkards making a rattle in the wee hours of the morning. There are 3 bathrooms if I remember correctly, all of them spacious and pretty clean. Kitchen area is kept clean too. Some people dislike the fact that the bar serves no alcoholic drinks, but that's a positive point in my opinion. Would not want to be here on a rugby weekend though! My relatives came to visit once and they also stayed here in one of their private rooms. They found nothing to complain about and they're older folks.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo