“meatloaf stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Milford Haven, United Kingdom
“meatloaf stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

hotel was spotlessly clean. staff were very friendly and helpful giving us directions to motorpoint arena. hotel was very easy to find and parking was available. will definately returning with my husband.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

IbisbudgetCardiff, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Cardiff Centre, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit and thanks again for your very positive comments, my team enjoyed to hear them. We all are looking forward to welcome you at the Ibis Budget Cardiff again…

G.Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Slough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

I slept very well, it was nice a quiet. it was very easy to get to the bay or to town only a short walk. people at the hotel where very friendly and helpful. it is nice you can choose if you want breakfast included or not.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

IbisbudgetCardiff, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Cardiff Centre, responded to this review, 30 April 2013

Oxfordshire, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

Clean, functional, for budget pocket, reception well informed and most helpful. Continental buffet breakfast was plentiful and offered an appetising selection of cold breakfasty things to suit all palates!

Beware, parking £4/day on site and Wi-Fi too is payable. But all-in-all good value.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

Easy walk into central Cardiff, the rooms are basic as they are advertised, they're clean and tidy just nothing fancy. Parking was excellent value too although the spaces were limited, we just got the sat one, for an extra £4.00 they let us leave the car there for he following day!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit and thanks again for your very positive comments, my team enjoyed to hear them. Thanks for the car park price comment. We all are looking forward to welcome you at the Ibis Budget Cardiff again…

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

A friend and I stayed in the ibis budget for one night last week. I did not have high hopes for this hotel at all, due to the fact that we only paid £18 for the room! However, I was actually pleasantly surprised.

Checking in was a breeze and we were in the hotel room within five minutes of walking through the door- this was ideal as we had been travelling for nearly 3 hours! Our room was more or less spotlessly clean and tidy. It was modern looking, nicely decorated and even had a flat screen tv which I thought was a nice touch considering the room was so cheap!

The location of the hotel is fantastic. It took us around 10-15 minutes maximum to walk from cardiff central train station to the hotel, less than 10 minutes to walk to the centre of cardiff and around 15 minutes to the bay. It's got a great central location and would pose no issue to those without a car who are travelling to cardiff.

The only complaints I have are about the bed and the shower. Being about 5 foot 11, I had a bit of difficulty with the length of the bed (I only just about fit on!) and the shower is in the room meaning that privacy goes out the window (something to bear in mind if this might cause an issue!). These things didn't bother me too much though, so didnt cause a huge issue during our stay.

Overall, I think we got amazing value for money at the hotel. I would recommend it to anyone and will definitely be coming back here in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit and thanks again for your very positive comments, my team enjoyed to hear them. I am sorry for the size of the bed. We all are looking forward to welcome you at the Ibis Budget Cardiff again…

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

This hotel couldn't be more like ronseal, does exactly what it says on the tin. A double room that was clean and warm. Good shower, toilet separate to shower. It was a bit like a good ensuite student room. There isn't a kettle in the room if you would expect one normally but it's well located for both shopping in the city centre and drinks and meals in Cardiff Bay. Nothing to shout about but we had a pleasant stay (for one night).

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

I booked this hotel for just one night for my daughter and I to attend the Open Day at Cardiff University. £29 for a triple room seemed very cheap in comparison to other local hotels so I was a bit wary. However, it turned out to be a very good choice for us. Arriving at 9.30pm the hotel was busy and the staff on the reception desk were friendly, efficient and helpful. We bought snacks from the fridge which were fine and there was an OK choice considering it was so late. They weren't over-priced; my daughter's meal deal for £3.95 consisted of a sandwich, a can of drink, a chocolate bar and a piece of fruit.

Our room was clean and modern. There was a bunk bed running at 90degrees over my double bed (I will upload photo) so there was a separate bed for each of us. The matresses were on the thin side but we slept well. The small shower and loo were fine and clean. TV worked well and had a good selection of channels. The room was rather hot so I opened the window rather than put on the fan. This proved to be quite noisy in the morning as the 2nd floor room overlooked a car park in which a lorry was moving around.

We booked the breakfast buffet at a cost of £4.25 per person: cereal, croissants, chocolate croissants, toast, crumpets, yoghurt, tinned satsumas, fresh apples, cheese packets, jam/marmalade etc, orange juice, coffee (from a machine but cappuccinos, mochas etc) & tea. Plenty of food to start the day (unless you're a coeliac).

Our only niggle would be that the bunk bed hadn't been made up - though all the bedding had been provided. It was pretty tricky to do - well, we're not used to bunk beds. I guess as the booking said 2 adults they perhaps thought we would be using the double and not the bunk - so it would be good if that could have been ironed out in the booking process.

The modern hotel is about 15 mins walk from Cardiff Castle through the town centre. At the moment (April 2013) the front looks out onto a desolate wasteland which is about to be built on - flats it would seem so before long it will be in a quite different area. There was a car park behind but I believe it was one you had to pay for (we came on public transport). There is Wifi but it costs extra (£1 for 1 hour I think).

I probably wouldn't use this hotel for a holiday, but for a brief work-type visit it was ideal.

Room Tip: I expect they are all pretty similar: facing front looks out onto a fairly busy road. The back is p...