“Don't expect much” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Don't expect much”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Booked the hotel as we were celebrating our friends birthday and we're looking for something "cheap and cheerful" .... Couldn't believe that the "shower" was right next to the bed with a slightly frosted glass door! Which was opposite a mirror in a room which resembled a box!!! You couldn't even dry yourself off in the "toilet" seeing as you couldn't move in that box, but at least that box had a wooden door!

And just to add ... I had to make my own bunk bed where the bedding had been very helpfully just thrown on top of the mattress and the bedding on the bottom bunk wasn't clean! Will never stay here again!!!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
IbisbudgetCardiff, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Cardiff Centre, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I'm disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us, please contact myself directly if you'd wish to discuss.
Fabrice Ledentu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Hotel is convenient for city centre but is Budget in every way except price. Parking is tight and small car park . Reception is budget in staff training and manures . Room is small , shower useless, toilet is small and paper like sandpaper, bed is ok , only one pillow each, we asked cleaners for more and got two more. Tv is good, lights are good, black out blind is very good, no kettle etc which very poor in my book. If you can get a cheap price of around £40 a night it will be a place to crash. Oh £4 to park also .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with.
Thank you very much for your honest review, I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to the time we can welcome you to the IBIS Budget Cardiff again.
Fabrice Ledentu

Travellers are raving about these Cardiff hotels

Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

This hotel is a very convenient spot to stop at. It's very near to the city centre and has everything a traveler might need, a bed, a shower, a toilet. It has small but clean rooms. Being previously the Etap hotel, the interior looks exactly like the ones from Etap hotel in Glasgow (if you have ever been there). The only thing I wasn't so happy about was the strong smell of bleach in the room.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are the same
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back to the IBIS Budget Hotel Cardiff.
Manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I paid very little money for my room and it was fine. The bed was a bit hard and could have done with being replaced. Location was ok about ten minutes into the start of the city centre near John Lewis. Don't use the footbridge way at night as it is unlit.

If you get this cheap then it is a very good hotel but I wouldn't pay some of the prices people have paid on Trip Advisor. It is a clean comfortable BUDGET hotel and nothing more.

Was very clean and this was perhaps the most impressive aspect of the hotel.

I have given it a three star rating because most people won't pay the stupidly cheap price I got it for (it is usually a lot more expensive) and the location although walking distance to the city centre is a little remote.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IbisbudgetCardiff, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Cardiff Centre, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us,
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you to the IBIS Budget in the future.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the ibis for 2 nights at the weekend and paid £143 for a room. I was very disappointed with my stay. After sleeping the first night on an extremely uncomfortable bed, while I was taking a shower the hot water ran out! I had to finish my shower in cold water and my boyfrjend had to wait until the hot water returned. The shower had a sign in saying we could borrow a shower mat from reception... We checked before coming that the room had a hair dryer, after being told it did we realised the room didn't, and you had to borrow one from reception. When we went to reception to borrow one we were told they didn't have any. We would have brought our own if we hadn't been given false information. Our window wouldn't completely shut and there was a small cracking allowing cold air and traffic noise to come in. Over all I was not happy with my stay and defiantly don't feel it was worth the money we paid. Budget hotel with a normal price.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.