“Ok for price”

Hotel ibis budget Cardiff Centre
Ranked #30 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

The rooms are very clean and for me they were ideal having everything contained - toilet and shower.

There is no mistaking this is no frills - I do feel for the price a kettle and tea coffee could be provided in rooms. Also perhaps more than a bar of soap.

I didn't have breakfast so unable to comment on that.

Unfortunately the first night I stayed there was a lot of noise going on until the early hours. There seemed to be a crowd of teenagers on the car park who I think were guests but there was no attempt to quieter them down.

The other nights were ok
And this wasn't a problem.

The location is good for the centre and Cardiff Bay. You can get a less budget feel for cheaper elsewhere though.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
IbisbudgetCardiff, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us.
Thank you very much for your honest review. I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay but really sorry about the noise from other guests on your first night. We look forward to the time we can welcome you to the IBIS Budget Cardiff again.

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Looking at a few reviews people have said this hotel was terrible. However, its is a budget hotel and for the price was brilliant! If you want a luxury hotel then look else where. But if you want a clean room with semi comfortable beds, a tv, clean toilets, shower, sink, clean towels and a modern interiour then its perfect.
We came to visit Cardiff, not sit in the hotel.
The shower is rather spacious and is as powerful as you need. There are plenty of different lights in the room all controlled by touch controls. The bunk beds over the double bed are high enough for an adult to sit up under neath without banging a head. Temperature is controlled within the room which was handy. We were even given extra pillows by reception upon request. Staff and cleaners alike are friendly.
Located equally 10 mins between both Cardiff Bay and Cardiff city center. The walks were quite nice.
My only query would be if there was more than 2 to a room it would be too crampt, but for 1 or 2 is great. We got a parking space no problem. Would use again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us.
Thank you very much for your honest review. I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay and the friendless of our staff. We look forward to the time we can welcome you to the IBIS Budget Cardiff again.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Bed was not made on arrival.
The hotel brings a whole new meaning to the word budget.
The rooms were just awful and felt unclean.
There is no bathroom. Only a cupboard with a toilet.
The shower is next to the bed, so privacy is non existent if sharing.
One pillow only, staff were unable to provide more.
No kettle or toiletries in rooms.
The staff were rude and the cleaners were very loud in the early morning.
One member of our group was made to check out his room two hours early by cleaners.

Breakfast was unbelievable. (Second night we had to go out for breakfast)
Only orange juice available. Majority of the time it was empty.
Tea and coffee machine with cheap cardboard cups.
Only one toast maker.
A small pastry bowl with stale pastry.
The fruit was just the fruit bowl from reception.

If you are going to stay in Cardiff. Never book this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms in a different hotel are 100% better.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with.
I am really sorry to hear that you did not enjoyed your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss about your stay with us.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisbudgetCardiff, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Reviewed 29 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The hotel itself was very easy to find (I arrived by train). Check-in was swift and the gentleman on the desk was very polite and professional.

The room itself was very basic but as I stayed in it for just sleeping I cannot complain at that! Sleep quality was fine, the only annoyance was the slamming of doors from other guest on my floor (I felt the vibrations from the room 5 doors down).

I didn't eat in the hotel (there are plenty of options for both breakfast and dinner in the city centre).

Overall, for £70 for 2 nights, I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel and would recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap get-away to Cardiff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I don't normally write reviews but I am left with no choice! Upon arrival the staff tried to charge us more money for a room we had already paid prior to arrival! The rooms are not suitable for a family, the beds are rock hard, 1 pillow each, showers are in the bedroom, no lock on toilet door, no Cuboard space for hanging items of clothing and 3 hangers in room!! no tea or coffee making facilities, no travel hair drier, no travel size toiletries, no dressing table and the plugs are near the TV with no mirror not very good for females. The rooms have no privacy at all and I would not reccomend anybody to stay at this hotel, save your money and go somewhere else!! I hope you have found this helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Lisajanegriffiths

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with.