“BUDGET COST, BASICS BUT THIS IS WHAT YOU PAY FOR....”

Hotel ibis budget Cardiff Centre
Ranked #31 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersBronze level
Worcester, United Kingdom
“BUDGET COST, BASICS BUT THIS IS WHAT YOU PAY FOR....”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Just a short review needed.....if you are looking for a budget stay somewhere which provides you with a decent bed, TV, shower and toilet look no further than this. You can pay for additional breakfast-serve yourself in the foyer. Also 'tinternet access and car parking in secure gated area for £4.00 per day. (Not bookable just find a space.)
Clean and tidy and walkable into Cardiff city centre in 10 minutes.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any stag dos etc in and if so get a room well away to minimise distruption.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
IbisbudgetCardiff, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Cardiff Centre, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us.
Thank you very much for your honest review. I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay . We look forward to the time we can welcome you to the IBIS Budget Cardiff again.
Fabrice Ledentu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely friendly staff, wonderfully clean room, comfortable bed. Its a budget hotel so you don't get bells and whistles but im happy and looking forward to going to sleep later! My only gripe is its a bit further out of town by 5 mins and the reason its a gripe is im on my own and I am walking back from town. But if I was in a couple or group it would not bother me! I will definitely book into another ibis budget hotel!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us.
Thank you very much for your honest review. I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay and the friendless of our staff. We look forward to the time we can welcome you to the IBIS Budget Cardiff again.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Took halt here for one night when we were on our way to Pembrokeshire. Room was clean. Toilets were small but OK for 1 night. Faced some problems while locating the car park of this hotel through Satnav. Around 15 mins walk to Cardiff Bay. Staff was helpful enough to share information about places to visit and good restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
IbisbudgetCardiff, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Cardiff Centre, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

started off bad as the receptionist was being arsy with us probably because of all the stag and hen dos arriving but this was not our fault. However after that for £85 each for 4 lads for 3 nights cant go wrong walkable location from city centre and go karting. rooms were clean and had fresh towels every day. the staff also got better the longer we stayed just the guys on check in were arsey. Would definately reccomend though and £4 parking per day cant be beat really.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I paid 80£ 2 MONTHS IN ADVANCE (as the only available rate left) for this hotel room.

The room resembled an old university dormitory room, with one double bed with an extremely thin mattress, a shower in the same room (!), and a separate cupboard with a toilet.

What is worse, is that I got in the lift at reception, and there was a pile of soiled clothes just piled up in the corner! I came back in the same lift about 3 hours later... it was still there!

I would completely let all this go if this was a cheap hotel, however I paid 80£ for this, which is more than I've paid for a night in a 4* hotel in Vegas! Absolutely ridiculous, never again, if faced with the choice of paying 80£ for this place or having nowhere to stay in Cardiff, I think I would pick the latter in future.

Room Tip: Just ask to be put wherever the stag/hen parties are not.
Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with.
I am really sorry to hear that you did not enjoyed your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss about your stay with us.
Fabrice Ledentu

Travellers are raving about these Cardiff hotels

Birmingham
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stopped in a ground floor triple room with my teenage daughter. The first thing to emphasize is that this is a Budget hotel. I paid £23.33 per night for the room and stopped 3 nights. I have paid more to camp in a tent! We got a [parking space for £12 for our whole stay. We did not use the breakfast facilities. The room was small but bright clean and perfectly adequate. A small desk has a TV above with Freeview channels. Heating was fine. Double bed had a firm mattress perfectly OK for 3 nights. Used my own travel kettle as no drinks tray.Sink in room plus shower cubicle and small separate toilet. It was quiet and staff perfectly OK and friendly. A 20 minute walk from the centre and also handy for Cardiff Bay. Would use again if I wanted basic acciommodation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
IbisbudgetCardiff, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Cardiff Centre, responded to this review, 28 April 2014