Hotel ibis budget Cardiff Centre
US$106
US$121
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$81
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$81
  • Restaurant
Novotel Cardiff Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$101
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Room Service
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$187
US$101
US$87
1,245 results
All reviewstravel kettledouble bedseparate toiletfree tea and coffeeroom was cleanrooms are very basicshower cubiclegreat budget hotelcontinental breakfastmotorpoint arenaminute walkshort stayper dayall you can eatcar parkingcouple of nightsnight stay
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Ok, first off this isn't the hotel for you if you are going on a couples weekend away with your other half. If like me know you are going on a hen/stag do our away in a big group this is ideal. On arrival we had to have a few words on reception as we had booked 2 triple rooms for 4 adults, and even though we booked via Ibis's own website apparently their system had us down for 2 doubles (a little too cosy unfortunately!). The guy on reception was very defensive if a little rude (his excuse being he had just come on shift) but eventually with assistance from a colleague put us in to a double room each. .. perfect. All the other reception staff encountered were pleasant enough. The rooms are small but clean and modern. The shower is good, but with the room being so small is just in a cubicle with a glass door and the sink next to it - no bathroom. The toilet is in a tiny closet. The black out blinds work well, and although the bed was hard and cheap I surprisingly sleep well (probably the drink!). Beds made and new towels daily. The location is good, not in the city centre but only a 5-10 min walk, and 15-20 min walk to the bay. All in all no issues, and if you go to this hotel not expecting too much (it is cheap after all) you should do alright!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marc81
IbisbudgetCardiff, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us.
Thank you very much for your honest review. I'm really sorry about the issue with your reservation, but happy that my team managed to solve it. Thank you very much for your positive feedback We look forward to the time we can welcome you to the IBIS Budget Cardiff again.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisbudgetCardiff, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here during a rugby final weekend and got charged $800 for 3 nights. The true value would have been $200. Tiny rooms no Restaurant or bar or anything really.
Check in was a bunch of befuddled staff who all seemed to have English as a second language.The only reason I stayed was because any real hotels were fully booked.

Room Tip: Only stay here if you really cannot afford a real hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us.
Thank you very much for your review. I'm really sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with. You could hve find the price expensive but we were one of the cheapest on this particular Rugby week end. We look forward to the time we can welcome you to the IBIS Budget Cardiff again.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here because I wanted somewhere cheap. I would not stay again, even though I am not a light sleeper and did manage to sleep through most of the noise.
Admittedly it was a Friday night in a budget hotel in a big city so I'm not really sure what I was expecting, but it definitely wasn't being thrown into a club 18-30 style holiday experience!
The noise was pretty much constant throughout the night, loads of extremely drunk young people shouting and running down corridors and banging doors.
The breakfast was lame too. Cold meats and bread rolls etc.
In its favour my room was very clean, the bed was comfortable and the staff friendly. I suppose I may just be a little too old for this kind of venue now ;)

Room Tip: DO NOT stay here if you are a light sleeper or don't enjoy being surrounded by loads of drunk groups aged 18-25!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us.
Thank you very much for your honest review. I'm really sorry that you did not enjoy the noise from the other noisy guests. Trust me, my team did the best to keep the noise down. Thank you very much for your positive feedback especially about the staff We look forward to the time we can welcome you to the IBIS Budget Cardiff again.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The room was tiny but efficient. It seemed as if every centimeter was calculated but it gave an almost claustrophobic feel to the room. The toilet was smaller than one on the plane and even the shower was tiny. I guess our main frustration was that there was no kettle in the room and the staff were not very friendly. We managed to overhear that the microwave (in the lobby) was not working even though they offer this service as an option for dinner (purchasing boxed goods to heat up in their micro). We had an issue with the parking and even though there was a misunderstanding (we were sure we read that the parking was free) they would not budge from their strict way and did not have service in mind. They left us with a bad feeling and in total not such a great experience which could have been easily mended by better service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us.
Thank you very much for your honest review. I'm really sorry about the issue with the microwave , we had to purchase a new one. We look forward to the time we can welcome you to the IBIS Budget Cardiff again.