“WOW HOME MADE CAKE DELICIOUS”

Forest Stoves and Fires Limited
Ranked #4 of 94 Coffee & Tea in Cardiff
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Have popped to forest tea rooms a few times over the year but a recent visit did not disappoint beautiful coffee and homemade coffee and walnut cake. Roaring fire kept us toasty. Always very helpful and friendly staff.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Well, what can I say? Truly wonderful! We arranged with Dave to reserve tables for a large family group, 16 of us, for this past Sunday afternoon to celebrate my Gran's 97th Birthday after reading the great reviews here on Trip Advisor. Dave warned me that they were simply a cafe and the food was not fine dining, but we were happy with the menu he shared with us and thought we would give them a try.

My husband and I arrived early to decorate the area with banners and balloons with Dave's permission and were delighted to find this gorgeous little forest retreat. We were greeted with a warm welcome, shown the area set aside for us and told to go ahead and decorate as we wished. It is simple and rustic, but full of character.

Some time later we returned with the family, and my Grandma in her wheelchair and easy access was arranged ready for us to get her in safely. The fire was blazing and warmed up the room a treat on a wet miserable day, and perfect for a 97 year old who hates the cold! We could move tables and chairs around to make things work for our group and it was nice to be able to do so.

The food was just delicious, from home made pies, various toasted sandwiches and a few hot specials on the menu we all thoroughly enjoyed the hot, fresh, tasty home cooked lunches we ordered. Dave also made us a Baileys Cake which he kindly added a birthday sparkler to (and gave us another for our own cake) and my Gran was just delighted with the fuss. The Baileys cake was so delicious too and we all went away stuffed full and feeling delighted with our lunch.

A huge thanks has been sent to Dave and his team who were just amazing! Nothing was too much trouble, and they were attentive throughout our couple of hours with them despite being busy with other customers too. They topped us up with hot & cold drinks often and made sure we were looked after. Truly wonderful, and many of us are hoping to return and especially next summer when we can sit out amongst the trees.

1  Thank Artia2001
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Great place to visit and dog friendly too. Peaceful and atmospheric. Wood fires burning great even in the cold winter months

Reviewed 15 August 2017

What an amazing birthday lunch for a friend. The staff couldn't do enough for us, we were told that we could go up early and decorate with banners, the tables were reserved for us and they made a birthday cake. During the lunch nothing was too much trouble, food was delicious and reasonable, and when the cake was brought in they had included a sparkling candle.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I have lived in and around the area for over 40 years and have only recently popped in here for a cuppa due to family raving about it. This place is unique, set in the woods with very friendly staff. A lovely selection of sandwiches, toasties, cakes etc...and even doggie ice-cream. They welcome dogs who are spoiled with a snack from the owner...if he is there. I was lucky enough to sit in the rocking chair by the enormous roaring fire. Shame...there isn't a bar, because I think I would still be there! Reasonable prices with plenty of seating in and outside with even a settee in the grounds to chill out on (under cover). Incredible find and really different. Love it!!

2  Thank vicky186460