“Favorite B&B Experience”

Ranked #2 of 44 Cardiff B&B and Inns
Morrison CO
“Favorite B&B Experience”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I visited Cardiff with two of my best friends from college and we stayed at Ty Rosa for a few days. It was honestly our favorite place we stayed in all of our travels in Europe. My friend who lives in London jokes around that she may just go stay at Ty Rosa the next time she needs a vacation. Paul and Stuart were great hosts.

Make sure to have a meal (or two!) at the B&B. The food is incredible! We had the beef wellington, which was homemade and delicious.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
tyrosa, Manager at Ty Rosa B&B, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for the kind comments, we really do try and do our best for guests and glad that you felt we had made your stay in Cardiff really enjoyable. Look forward to your London friend coming for a break with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Kingston upon Thames, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Our first stay in Cardiff picked right place, couldn't do better very hospitable hosts, nothing to much trouble went out of their way to make our stay the most relaxing and enjoyable. Right in the heart of places to visit. Rooms spacious and spotless. Best breakfasts, lots to choose from. Both great chefs. Home from home as soon as you walk through the door. Can't wait to return, or check out the Ty-Rosa apartments.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter what room you choose, all spotless and well stocked with all facilities.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This is where to stay in Cardiff! Once I arrived, I was directed to a lovely living room and offered a coffee (always a way to make a friend out of me), which was in a personal french press. Paul then showed me the sites on the map and gave me a few brochures to start my trip. I was staying in the annex building where the loo was shared with two people (if I stayed again I think I'd request to have one of the en suite rooms), but the room and building were lovely, and had the added bonus of a kitchenette. The best part of the stay was the breakfast. I can't rave about it enough, and they even had gluten free options (as a Coeliac, you don't often get to have eggs on toast). The food was amazing, and came with coffee or tea made fresh. Brilliant. The location was great. It was a quick walk to Grangetown station which goes to Cardiff Central, which is right in the center of the city, and also where the bus station is. If you head off in the other direction the bay is only a 20 minute walk away and is quite a nice walk. The bay is a must visit if you are a Doctor Who or Torchwood fan. A lot of the sites from the show are here, as well as The Doctor Who experience, and a shrine to a Torchwood character. The area is very upbeat and a great place to have a coffee or glass of wine. The hosts are incredibly nice and this is a great place to be while in Caerdydd

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
tyrosa, Manager at Ty Rosa B&B, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Hi Megan, It was a great pleasure having you here with us and that you so enjoyed Cardiff and catching up with the Dr Who experience and locations. See you again when you next come to Cardiff.
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Paul and Stuart made my 3 night stay perfect. Had 2 dinners and 3 breakfasts with them - all delicious! Lovely en-suite room - comfortable bed and great warm shower. I WILL be back next year and have recommended Ty Rosa to all my friends!

Room Tip: Harlech Castle was perfect!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DLSSCLARKE
Umeå
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed at Tŷ Rosa as an emergency solution since we had to stay another night in Cardiff and our hotel was fully booked. It was however a very pleasant change of plans. Lovely place, nice people and wonderful breakfast! If we ever return to Cardiff this will definitely be our first choice this time! Greetings from Finland! Diolch yn fawr!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pampelius
tyrosa, Manager at Ty Rosa B&B, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Glad to be of help to you when you got short and had to stay an extra night, See you again some time.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I stayed only 3 nights, a bit of a whirlwind visit, but very memorable. Paul and Stuart were very friendly and welcoming and full of suggestions for how to best enjoy Cardiff and surroundings. The breakfasts were superb and gargantuan: I've never before had such a vast array of choice. Their Eggs Benedict was the best I've ever tasted! As a solo traveller, it was great to stay in a place with such a homey feel, to sit in their lounge and chat to the hosts and the guests. My only beef was the shared bathroom: I guess I'm getting too old and grumpy! Oh, I must give this special mention: Paul showed an amazingly deft hand at slashing through the coconut I'd won at St Fagan's Heritage Museum. Recommended by "The Coconut Lady".

Room Tip: Choose a room with an ensuite if you don't like a shared bathroom.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sue G
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Ty Rosa is a really lovely place to spend the night, with comfortable rooms, luxurious decor, extremely charming hosts and all at a great price. The Full Welsh breakfast is unmissable - don't be afraid to try it!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business