We stayed here as a group of five for a weekend in January. The location is fine and close to where we wanted to go to. Paul and Stuart(and Max) were welcoming and warm even though we arrived late on the Friday evening. They gave us a good introduction to Cardiff.
We were disappointed that the ensuite was not clean and the sink and toilet were both dirty after what we presumed were the last guests to leave it. As it was late, we didn't want to trouble our hosts and cleaned it up ourselves. I had initially thought that the shared bathroom was shared with the same party but this was not the case which wasn't clear when I made the booking. We didn't have breakfast the next day and waited for an hour for our hosts, only to then decide to head into town for breakfast as we were pretty hungry by then. Paul was apologetic that he had overslept and promised to refund us the cost of the breakfast. We haven't yet received a refund despite being in contact after the stay. It's not a big deal but slightly unprofessional. When we did have breakfast the next day it was very good. Overall, pleasant but could do better in regards to cleanliness as that is what you expect from a bnb.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A gay owned boutique B&B that welcomes everyone to stay. Luxury styled rooms with all the facilities you would need inc mineral water and tea/coffee facilites. With free parking and free fibre optic wi-fi. TyRosa is only a short walking distance between the city centre and Cardiff Bay (bus stop just outside to city). We have an extensive breakfast menu fresh cooked to order, so we can cater for dietary adjustments like vegan/dairy/gluten/nut/soya free. You are also welcome to dine in with us and sample some Welsh dishes, all on a 24 hour pre-order as we get items in fresh to cook for you. We look forward to you coming to stay as guest and leave as a friend. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Book Direct Rooms, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Ty Rosa B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ty Rosa Boutique Gay Hotel Cardiff
- Ty Rosa Boutique Gay Bed And Breakfast
- Ty Rosa B&B Cardiff, Wales