“Pizza's!”

Da Mara
Ranked #5 of 1,287 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$11 - US$33
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Anatoni's has now expanded their business, with a much wider menu, and new partners, Mark and Rita. Now with a full range of Alcohol,and a beautiful menu,we hope to provide our customer's with a great experience at Da Mara.
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely place in lakeside. Didn't even know it was there until a family member recommended it to me. Great authentic pizza cooked in a wood fire oven. Best Pizza I've tasted in Cardiff. Generous portions and lovely staff. Even better it's BYOB no corkage cost!

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I came across this place whilst browsing trip advisor. I did not know this place existed as it was formerly a little cafe.

My son loves pizza so I decided to give it a try, not quite sure what I expected.

The restaurant is in the main row of shops in Clearwater Way, Lakeside, opposite The Discovery pub and restaurant. We hadn't made a booking but were seated early on a Friday evening. You can see the chef and owner working and the open pizza oven. The staff are efficient and friendly. I asked for my pizza that came with olives, garlic and basil and was advised there was no cheese on that pizza and would I like cheese (I did and extra rocket). My son had the Anatonis. The pizzas were brought to us in good time and were nice and big. The sauce was lovely and tasty with oregano running through it, the topping was delicious and the base had a lovely genuine taste. Simple food and ingredients done well.

For dessert I had the home made tiramisu, and my son had the brownie and ice cream. Generous portions and lovely. I drove so didn't take my own alcohol but that is an option. Owners were lovely and friendly. There Are other options such as lasagne and they offer a lunch time special of pizza for £6 with hot or cold drink. Definitely a little gem and worth a try.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely little place hidden in plain site! Honestly the best pizza I've had in ages & definitely the best prices at lunch time! I am sure this will become a regular stop for me due to the hospitable owners who had time to chat & when to great lengths to make us comfortable. I really don't think you can complain when there's a calzone on the menu either!! The bring your own booze policy is just the icing on the cake for this little place! Well done & see you soon!

1  Thank f00d0bsessed
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We ate here on Sunday by chance as the location we'd originally planned to go to was closed. So glad because this is a wonderful little hidden gem. I had possibly the best wood fired pizza that I've had outside of Italy. I'd recommend the place to anybody!

2  Thank iceandlime
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Called in here by chance just for a cup of tea---saw the pizzas being served and couldn't resist! The taste of the pizzas is just wonderful,we cant wait to go again! Service lovely as well. Prices excellent.

1  Thank SANDRABRITTAIN