“Incredible food”

The Smoke Haus
Ranked #241 of 1,351 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Smoke Haus is Cardiff's American Diner serving quality food in a great atmosphere, huge portions, masses of meat and a challenge not for the faint of heart!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food is of an incredible standard and the portion size is very large - we had leftovers. The staff were nice. The cocktails were great. I would go again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant is round the corner from st David's shopping centre, so easily accessible with plenty of parking options. The atmosphere here is great , I love the rock and roll vibe and all waiters are friendly and give excellent customer service. I love the special touch of being able to request songs to be played via the website. Burgers cost roughly £16 with a full rack of rib costing £20. I had the dirty Sanchez burger which was tasty but the sweet potato fried was dry, I had the nachos for starters which wasnt very nice. My partner had the full rack of ribs which wasn't very enjoyable (too much rub and sauce) .

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked a table ahead of time due to Ed Sheeran playing four nights in Cardiff. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his ribs and brisket combo however I ordered the chicken and waffles. The chicken was tasty but the meal was let down by not having maple syrup - more a fruit/strawberry syrup you would expect to be part of a crusha set from the 90s. But disappointed from my order choices but my husband thoroughly enjoyed his meal.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

4 of us went to The Smoke Haus on Father’s Day. It was fairly busy at 5 pm. Two of us had the BBQ Pit Plate Threesome (we both opted for Spicy Chicken, Pulled Pork and Brisket) while the other two had the hotdogs. The amount of meat on our BBQ Pit Plates was phenomenal and very nice it was too. The hot dogs were smoky and nicely spiced.

We failed to finish our food as there was so much of it (despite not eating that day prior to our visit). Service was good and the bill, including drinks, was £67 - which I thought was very good value.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely food however the chef was very loud and swearing at staff not good we heard this as we were sat on the table by the pass I'm a head chef and would never speak to staff like that front of house staff very good and attentive at their jobs well done