“possibly best indian in Cardiff”
Review of Cinnamon Tree

Cinnamon Tree
Ranked #360 of 1,324 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$47 - US$47
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Great service and excellent quality food. Its my first choice for a curry- sit in or take away. theres always someone on hand to take a drinks order and everything i've tried off the menu is extremely tasty- if you're in the locality and fancy a curry this is THE place to go

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We got into Cardiff late on a Saturday and had a great surprise of a meal. Friendly staff, good service, tasty food and reasonable prices. A definite visit.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

A few people recommended this restaurant and I was not disappointed when I tried it.

The staff is super attentive and will make you feel welcomed and appreciated. The food is quality on every level. It's extremely well seasoned and cooked to perfection. Easily makes my top 3 Indian restaurants in Cardiff.

The only downsize is that it's so good that you need reservations and it can get quite crowed because of all of the takeaway ordered. Don't let that put you off though. You need to try it at least once and I guarantee that you will be making the same comments I just made on your review.

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Long wait for food, but hey, it was a Saturday night after a rugby international. Service very slow. No one appeared to be in charge. Staff friendly but overwhelmed by volume of customers. When the food finally arrived it was very good. Price not too bad either. I would return.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We went here after the Wales v Scotland Rugby match as a group of 10. We therefore expected service to be relatively slow but this took the biscuit. To wait one and a half hours for a starter was appaling. The worst thing was seeing numerous takeaway orders being given out. The takeaway people spilled into the restaurant so we had backsides in our face for the whole meal. We only got our main course because we kicked up such a fuss. The table next to us were also outraged by the service. My starter was very average although the main course was good, nan bread poor. Others seemed to enjoy their food but one dish arrived stone cold and had to be sent back. At least we managed to negotiate a decent discount from the bill due to the appaling service. This may be a good restaurant to go to on a quiet Monday night but don't go anywhere near it on a busy night.. As someone else stated order a takeway don't sit down.