Tanes Hotel
US$109
Marriott Hotels
US$106
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Breakfast included
Novotel Cardiff Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$101
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$80
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$88
Orbitz.com
US$100
US$86
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$93
Priceline
  • Room Service
Hilton Cardiff(Cardiff)
US$192
US$185
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnewport roadcity centresecure parkingshared bathroombus stopfacing the main roadcooked breakfastshort stay in cardifftea making facilitiesbreakfast was excellentcomfy bedwould definitely stay here againleave the carthe ground floornice staylovely roomdouble room
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I travel with work a lot and found this fantastic gem from reading various reviews. It is a lovely, family-run small hotel with a good range of rooms. I have been staying on and off for a few months, Mon - Fri and then coming home on weekends. The rooms are always impeccably clean and comfortable, with cheaper rooms or larger en suite rooms on offer . The Owner/Manager is never less than friendly, helpful and obliging and good at recommending places to eat, go out, etc. They offer free wifi and free parking (which is a change from larger chain-style hotels who tend to charge for such services in my experience!)

My wife and young son have come down twice to stay with me over the weekend and we have had lovely stays exploring Cardiff and the locality - we stayed in one of the larger family rooms and had a very comfortable stay in their modern and tastefully decorated rooms (which contrast nicely with the Victorian exterior)

Breakfast is always great - freshly cooked and nicely served, though I tend not to mange a full cooked breakfast everyday, but opt for toast, fruit and cereal

I am very happy to call my self a regular customer and Tane's Hotel is always on my list when I am visiting Cardiff.

Keep up the good work!!

Room Tip: Pick the large en suite rooms for a treat - we stayed rooms No. 2 and No.16
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Family of four stayed on a Saturday night after watching a stand-up gig in town. Proprietor just the right side of friendly, and inside the place is spick and span - no shabby carpets or peeling wallpaper, everywhere clean. The signage and fire doors and dark-stain architraving makes it a little institutional inside perhaps, but then these places have so many regulations to meet that it is not surprising that a large Victorian converted house isn't going to be as swish as a modern place. Our shower (very top floor) was a little feeble, but a minor criticism. Traffic from main road outside a little intrusive, but then we aren't used to city dwelling - and there's always earplugs. Truly excellent brekkers at very modest additional cost, served by friendly staff. Well done Mr Tane.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MalvernMan62
Reviewed 7 September 2011

First appearances are there isn't a car park but if you turn into the street after the hotel (the hotel being on your left) you can take the next left and it leads down to a car park for the hotel. Big enough for 5 or 6 cars I think so plenty.

The garden looks like a bomb has hit it because they have kids but it's a family run place so what do you expect? From the car park you have to walk round the front which is signposted through the garden.

Entry is via a doorbell and the lovely lady greeted us with a big friendly smile, she explained what time breakfast was, was it too early, how to get in and out of the hotel with the relevant keys and how to contact them if they are needed. Very informative and friendly. There isn't a lift and we were on the top floor, the stairs aren't too much of a problem but if you were staying a week then they may well cause you trouble taking suitcases up.

The room itself was modern which I like, chocolate and cream decor and canvas art on the wall (my favourite so gets a big brownie point for that). Bathroom is adequate size but the shower took forever to get some heat and it was bust and wouldn't sit properly in the holder. managed to have a fairly decent shower though. Plenty of toilet roll which was a bonus because in the past in other hotels we always seem to run out! The bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows and cushions. Room had a skylight which is a nice touch, the roof slants but no banging heads and I'm fairly tall. Plenty of tea, coffee, sugar, milk in the room. We were facing the main road and even though we had the window open we weren't disturbed with sleep.

Breakfast was plentiful - cereal to begin with, then a full cooked english, plus toast and jams. Pot of tea was lovely and we got plenty of cups of tea out of the pot. Everything was cooked to perfection and was hot. Lovely lady who served breakfast too.

The walk in to the city centre took approximately 10 minutes but we weren't rushing - Until we saw a pub :)

All in all a good place to stay and close to everything you need.

Room Tip: I would ask if you could have a ground floor room if you have difficulties walking up stairs.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cjbunni
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I stayed at Tanes Hotel with my daughter on 27/08/11.
We were made to feel welcome straight away and, as our room was upstairs and my daughter is pregnant, she was asked if she would like her luggage taken up for her.
The staff were so lovely, it has a real family atmosphere.
Our room was spotlessly clean. I have only 1 small complaint regarding the room, in that there is a glass panel above the door and there was a light outside the room which is left on all night and is very bright. I appreciate that this is for guest safety, but may I suggest the lights are dimmed at night, or a curtain is placed over the glass panel?
The location of Tanes Hotel is ideal for the City centre, there is a bus stop outside the hotel, and it only costs £3 for an all day travel ticket. Bargain!
Breakfast was lovely. Freshly cooked and served with a smile.
I would definitely recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank bubblesNorfolk
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Just what I needed at a good price. Has car park and located a simple 15-20 minute walk down Newport Road from Cardiff Queen Street station (frequent services from Central station if you end up there).

Rooms are very clean and furnished to a high standard. Staff are friendly and knowledgeable about local area.

Only criticism could be that for £4:90 you could get a better breakfast at the Weatherspoon's just off Newport Road (on right heading towards city Centre from hotel)! 1 sausage, 1 egg, beans, 1 bacon, toast, and a poor hash brown is not great for the money. I'minute being picky though!

Very good hotel. Would stay here again if I visited Cardiff again.

• Stayed: August 2011