“Clean, comfortable and friendly”
Review of Tanes Hotel

Tanes Hotel
Ranked #33 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This little place was a great find. The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to make sure that we had everything we needed. Our room was very clean and the bed was super comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was lovely. Would definitely recommend this place to people.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 October 2013

This hotel is conveniently located 5 mins from the city centre with a regular bus stopping directly outside.

The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. As I was staying here on business, I would have appreciated a larger desk to work at. Aside from that, the room was well furnished and the service cannot be faulted.

Breakfast was tastey and I felt safe and welcomed as a female travelling alone.

I would definitely recommend this hotel. :-)

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights this week due to the reviews here, wasnt dissapointed, booked the single room with en suite, was spotlessly clean, really comfy bed, had 3 nights great sleep, the bed was great for me being only 5'8", if you're quite tall maybe less so!

It was just so nice knowing after each day out in Cardiff that I had a lovely warm cosy and comfortable room to go back to, I'd certainly stay there again without a doubt

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I found the hotel staff to be friendly and accommodating. My room and en-suite bathroom were very clean on all the days I was there for. I had a rear-facing room so it was nice and quiet. The shower seemed to be blocked so water would accumulate during use, but to be fair I didn't approach the staff about the issue so I can't complain. Only had breakfast once as it was alright but I expected better quality for the price. However, overall it was a good experience and I would come again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Myself and two friends stayed at the hotel on Saturday night, the staff were so friendly and eager to make our stay enjoyable. Little touches, like giving us wine glasses for in our room. Don't be put off by the surrounding buildings, The Tanes is a little gem. The room we stayed in was decorated in a very modern fashion, it was very clean and tidy. All of the staff encountered we're obliging (particularly Mary). The hotel is situated just out of town , but has a bus stop right outside. It is easy to get where you want to go and is quiet at night. Breakfast was great, again nothing was to much trouble. The secure off road parking is a nice bonus. We would definitely stay again!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in June for a couple of nights as working in Cardiff. Hotel very clean as wee the rooms. The hotel was also nicely furnished. One slight problem on the first night was my tele didn't work (and it was one of Andy Murray's games at Wimbledon). The owner tried to sort out and when he couldn't upgraded me so saw the game. Very pleased with service and price represented good value. If you want to park in the car park you'll need to get there early though. All in all very pleasant stay and would recommend. Best hotel I stayed in during the summer and I stayed at a few.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stayed 2 nights, Saturday and Sunday as I was doing the Cardiff and Coast 60 mile bike ride. It's a well located Hotel, close to the centre and near to City Road and Albany Road with their wide choice of Restaurants with cuisines from around the world.
Properly secure parking was an added bonus too, especially with my bike on the top of the car. I'd locked it to the roofrack but the steel shutter covering the car park entrance made for peace of mind.
The Hotel is excellent value. It is decorated to a good standard and kept spotlessly clean. Staff are friendly and the whole place has a much better atmosphere than a big chain. I had a room with shared facilities, these were close by and clean. The toiletries and spa slippers in the room were a nice touch too.
The hotel front is on Newport Road, which is fairly busy. I live in the countryside so I'm not used to traffic noise, my room was right on the front so I did notice it. It wasn't anything a pair of earplugs couldn't sort out though! I'd recommend packing a pair if you're likely to be affected by road noise.
All in all a pleasant stay and fantastic value. I'd defintely go back and recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo