“Pushed all the right buttons!”
Review of Tanes Hotel

Tanes Hotel
Ranked #35 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Checked out this morning and still in awe of my experience there. Never was I expecting a sparkly clean shared toilet and bath, much less furnished and fully carpeted. Hygiene and professionalism is exceptional at Tane's. It has been a privilege to know such hospitality. Thank you!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Evangeline L

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Tanes hotel was reasonably priced, with luxury rooms, friendly staff, free wifi and a comfortable nights sleep, breakfast was great which a lot to offer, would definitely stay again and would highly recommend !!'n

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I really wanted to like this hotel as theowners were lovely and my first room was gorgeous, but sadly the negatives outweighed the positives. The negatives: neighbourhood, parking space (or lack of); hot rooms, no tv remote, no internet code, no hairdryer etc.

I had a sumptuous room at first which overlooked a derelict house and occupants! The person in th room next door played loud music all the time so I asked for another room and was given a much smaller but quieter room onthe top floor, overlooking the busy street.

Breakfast was not good with no real attention to vegetarians. I got pallid scrambled eggs and raw tomatoes and old fruit.

There is also rather a hike into the city.

But the staff are lovely.

I suggest that the focus should be on the basic comforts rather than making the rooms flashy.

Room Tip: Your choice. either a very busy road or a very bad view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SadeWellington
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This little place was a great find. The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to make sure that we had everything we needed. Our room was very clean and the bed was super comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was lovely. Would definitely recommend this place to people.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This hotel is conveniently located 5 mins from the city centre with a regular bus stopping directly outside.

The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. As I was staying here on business, I would have appreciated a larger desk to work at. Aside from that, the room was well furnished and the service cannot be faulted.

Breakfast was tastey and I felt safe and welcomed as a female travelling alone.

I would definitely recommend this hotel. :-)

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights this week due to the reviews here, wasnt dissapointed, booked the single room with en suite, was spotlessly clean, really comfy bed, had 3 nights great sleep, the bed was great for me being only 5'8", if you're quite tall maybe less so!

It was just so nice knowing after each day out in Cardiff that I had a lovely warm cosy and comfortable room to go back to, I'd certainly stay there again without a doubt

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I found the hotel staff to be friendly and accommodating. My room and en-suite bathroom were very clean on all the days I was there for. I had a rear-facing room so it was nice and quiet. The shower seemed to be blocked so water would accumulate during use, but to be fair I didn't approach the staff about the issue so I can't complain. Only had breakfast once as it was alright but I expected better quality for the price. However, overall it was a good experience and I would come again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business