“Food Amazing - Be careful where your sitting/ not great service”
Review of Juboraj Rhiwbina

Juboraj Rhiwbina
Ranked #730 of 1,232 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Juboraj Restaurant Group is one of the oldest, and almost certainly, one of the great Indian and Bangladeshi restaurants in Wales having won numerous awards. For well over twenty years there has been a Juboraj in Cardiff of which the Rhiwbina restaurant with its sumptuous Georgian interior is one of the originals. The Juboraj pride themselves on combining traditional authentic dishes with a fresh new contemporary approach bringing you the best flavours the Indian sub-continent has to offer. The Juboraj Guarantee ensures that only the highest quality New Zealand lamb and Welsh beef, and the finest 100% fresh chicken breast and freshest seafood available, is used in their dishes. With a warm welcome and friendly attentive staff you can be sure that time spent at a Juboraj, whether it be a light lunch or a candlelit evening meal, will be time well spent.
Tortola
“Food Amazing - Be careful where your sitting/ not great service”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had a great meal here. We were put in a back room and it was quite when we started our meal but as more people came in we could not hear the other side of the table. A bit fustrating not being able to have a conversation. This was after we had the music turned off. Others had the same problem. Other other problem is he service , basically noone really cares we had to collect some of our finished dishes and put them on the bar . ordered some drinks 3 times !

• Visited April 2014

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible service”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Poor quality food, well matched with some of the worst service I've experienced. Unfortunate since I have good memories of better times here.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Nick W
Llantrisant, United Kingdom
“Awful service”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Me and my girlfriend went here yesterday, I booked a table for 8pm, we arrived at 7:50ish and were told to sit down in the front part of the restaurant, we were given menu's and we picked our food during this time, 8:20 comes and we still have not sat down (despite having no problems booking a table for 8pm), we sat down at 8:30 and all seemed to be okay. I ordered a starter which took at least 25 minutes to come, after 10 minutes I was done and after a further 15 mins of waiting my girlfriend had to embarrassingly ask the waiter to clear our table of starters which I have NEVER come across before..

Another 25 minutes passes by and our food still has not come, by now we've been in the place near 1hr 30 and have still not received mains.. Shortly after the mains did come and the food was okay, it probably would have been nice but considering how bad the service was it left a sour taste.. (Also noted that the food was very expensive, much more so than other Indians with not much difference taste wise)

2 hrs later we are ready to leave, I paid the bill and left feeling rather blue, at one point I actually apologized to my girlfriend for picking this location for a evening out..

Awful evening, will not be returning.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Joe F
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Recommended”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I've been dining out at the Juboraj for years. I've never had a bad meal there and the service over recent years has been excellent.

We took my mother in law there for an evening meal just before mothers' day, and had a great time. The service was attentive, food and wine excellent and (unlike other recent reviews) there were no issues with our bill -nor has there ever been-.

The menu is comprehensive (try the Lamb Pasanda starter and Chicken Shaslik main) and the wine list pleasing with a very drinkable house-red if you don't want to push the boat out. Can't comment on the beer as I've never developed a taste for the stuff.

Not the cheapest in town, but as John Ruskin observed, you get what you pay for. No hesitation in recommending Juboraj Rhiwbina.

• Visited March 2014
Cardiff
“Quality gone down or is it the prices have gone up?”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

we visited the Juboraj at about 6.45 pm one evening in late March and were surprised on two counts, one that it was so full and two that the prices seemed to have escalated.
we quickly realised that the reason for the number of customers was the special meal deal available until 6.30.

We ordered an onion bahji starter and a king prawn puri which we shared, thebhaji was OK although the prawn dish was excellent.

This was followed by an indifferent tandoori mixed grill accompanied by a watery curry sauce and a mixed vegetable bahji. This dish cost around £6 and consisted of mainly potatoes with a little sweet corn. With pappadoms and bread as well as two drinks the bill came to around £60 for what was a disappointing meal.

It is a pity that what was once a super restaurant seems to have gone down hill.

• Visited March 2014