“Really enjoyed the food, decor looks dated”
Review of Kismet Tandoori - CLOSED

Kismet Tandoori
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I went here last week with the Mrs for a meal and couldn't believe how cheap it was for the amount of food given

I think it was just under £8 each and for this we had the following:-

Popadoms
Starter
Main
Rice
Side dish
Naan Bread

Drinks were extra, I ordered a coke but its tasted like a cheaper version rather than the real deal.

The food arrived in good timing, and was a decent size. food tasted fine for the price we paid.

Staff were friendly enough and done a table check to make sure we were happy with the meal.

The restaurant looked like it hasnt been decorated for many years, but who can really complain when the meals are so cheap

I would be happy to visit here again

4  Thank Cardiff_UKDave
There are newer reviews for Kismet Tandoori

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I am baffled by the good reviews this place as got as we couldn't wait to get out of here dirty fly infested with tiny portioned warm food this place is busy because it's cheap but few a few pounds more you can get so much better elsewhere but this place is a no no.

5  Thank Adrian K
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I am a visitor to cardiff for a couple of days. I googled indian restaurant and found kismet with an offer of buffet for £2.95. I was a bit apprehensive but tried it out. I was pleasantly surprised. Good quality and wide variety of food for under £3. Cordial staff. Overall it's a fantastic experience. Will visit again if in Cardiff.

3  Thank Sayeed K
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have visited this restaurant on many occasions, usually at least once every time I visit Cardiff. It is a ten minute walk from Queen Street Station but well worth it.

The decor is a little dated compared to some Indian restaurants in the city centre but I was told on my latest visit a refurbishment is planned. However, even as it is now, it is perfectly acceptable and comfortable.

The selling point for this restaurant is its special deal of poppadoms, any starter, any main, any side dish, any rice, nan bread and a coffee/ice cream for £6.95!! That is what you would pay for a main course alone in many comparable restaurants.

Whilst the food isn't gourmet quality, it is tasty and flavoursome, they use chicken breast, the ingredients all appear quality, the portions are those you would find elsewhere. Everything from the nan to the side dish were excellent, tasty and of a good size. All in all, it is good standard food at an excellent quality price.

In addition, some drinks on their menu are Buy One Get One Free, including Cobra beer. Fantastic value.

As stated earlier, I have been to this restaurant on many occasions and highly recommend it for a tasty quality four course meal with extras, that will leave you full and satisfied for less than £10 with a drink.

Fantastic!

4  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

It is unbelievable that such places actually exists as food is cheap and the owner is really friendly. It will probably work out cheaper eating here than eating at home... However quality may be a factor to take into consideration.

1  Thank Bnaicker