“Lovely homely feel with great food”

La Trattoria Molisana
Ranked #223 of 1,217 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Lovely homely feel with great food”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Visited this lovely small trattoria with my husband. It was just as well we had booked as the place was packed.

Very friendly waitress and excellent service. I had minestrone soup followed by cannelloni. Both were delicious.

This is a lovely family run restaurant that serves typical Italian food in pleasant surroundings.

• Visited March 2013

Cardiff
“Great Restaurant, my favourite place!”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

My husband and I have been visiting this lovely restaurant for about 15 years now. The decor is a little old fashioned but don't let this put you off. The food is reasonable and delicious, lovely home cooked Italian food, the staff are very friendly and are fantastic with our 3 small children. I recommend the carbonara, the best I've tasted......

• Visited January 2013
UK
“Not fancy, but great comfort food”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Don't expect modern cuisine, but if you enjoy hearty, home cooked Italian food then this place is great. Italian Sausage starter is delicious, a generous helping of two large italian sausages with just the right level of spiciness. Mains served with little sauted potatoes and vegetables. Veg was a little overcooked, but veal was great and very generous portion. The desserts were also delicious, tiramisu very good, but the cheesecake was something else. Combine this with superb service and I was won over. Not fancy, but extremely enjoyable nonetheless.

• Visited January 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Consistently good”
Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

Been eating here regularly for the last 10 years. This is a family business with the emphasis on good food in a friendly informal environment. Decent vegetarian selection. We also use the takeaway service which is again fantastic. Highly recommend.

1 Thank 123David321
Cardiff
“Lovely food but in need of modernising”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We were welcomed well as a party of 10 and were served promptly. There is a satisfactory selection of drinks and they are well priced.

The menu is very old fashioned and while I would never want the restaurant to lose its old world charm, I would like to see more dishes that people are now enjoying in Italians such as meat antipasto selections.

When the food arrived the portions were very deceiving and we left full. I had the sausage for starter and it was delicious. Everyone commented on how lovely the food was but I could not help feeling that it was missing something; whether this is down to the decor or lack of care on presentation I am not sure.

We really enjoyed the meal and you just have to let the modern world behind you (not necessarily a bad thing)

• Visited December 2012