“Cardiffs hidden delight!!”

Neighbourhood: City Centre
Description: Coffee Shop & Greek Restaurant
“Cardiffs hidden delight!!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Had a beautiful meal this evening from start to finish we couldn't fault anything from it, it was under £50 for a starter 2 mains and a bottle of wine, just a shame the waiter was to busy talking to somebody else behind the counter we didn't get are empty plates taken away or offered dessert or coffee which we would of had overall we would definitely go again a lovely little place hope the staff buck up maybe it would get so much busier.

• Visited March 2014

Newport, United Kingdom
“Lovely food.”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Visited on a very wet Saturday evening when getting a table anywhere was difficult because cardiff was really busy following the first RBS 6 nations match.

We hadn't booked, but as it was early evening they managed to find us a table.

Not a huge menu, but we managed to find our favourite Greek dishes on there so were happy with it.

Started tzatzkiki & hummus with warm pitta bread, which was delicious & there was lots of it, plenty for 2. My other half had 'fiery chicken wings', again plentiful & very spicy!

One mains were Lamb Kleftico which was served with a leafy salad and baby roast potatoes & Chicken Souvlaki, 2 skewers of huge chunks of chicken, served with salad and potato wedges. Both were really tasty & we cleared our plates. A bottle of Mythos each reminded us of our holidays in Crete, even though we didn't have the sunshine to go with it.

There are some amazing cakes & desserts on display, didn't try these as we were full, but I probably will try one on my next visit to Cardiff, along with a nice cup of coffee.

Hidden amongst the chip shops & takeaways in 'Chippy Lane' this lovely little restaurant could easily be missed.
Will definatly visit it again

Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“I didn't see that coming!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I have passed this place many times and never gone as it doesn't look that great and is fairly basic inside. Went in yesterday, at last, and can't wait to go back The massive portion of taramasalata (with toasted pitta) was gorgeous and the Stifado (ordered as a main with rice) was just incredible. Authentic tasting and huge chunks of lean beef that just fell apart in the bowl, mmmmmm. Finished with greek yoghurt (another massive portion) with nuts and plenty of thick honey. Two bottles of sparkling water and the best and largest double espresso I've ever had in town came to £28 in total. To be fair the portions are so big you could easily have the starter sized stifado and still fill 17 stones of 6' 2" bloke (which I am). Going back next week, or maybe sooner… Oh - they forgot to bring my Halloumi - just as well as I'd never have finished the other stuff! The staff are just lovely as well - possibly recently changed menu or management as they weren't doing the dessert menu that was on the table cards.

• Visited January 2014
Ruthin
“Good food, friendly service”
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Had spicy chicken pita with potato wedges.
Very tasty, hot food and a only a short wait considering how busy they were with a rugby match on.

• Visited November 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Yassou!”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

stumbled on this place during the day and as my friend and I luv greek food decided to go for an evening meal. I had the beef stifado (starter portion) which was more than enough, my friend had a greek salad ( which was again enough for two) and chicken souvlaki which comes with chips. Food was served piping hot, generally good value and friendly service. the owner is a lovely man, great smile and very welcoming, nice selection of greek baklava. would definitely go again.

• Visited September 2013